Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to make DVD player region free

How to make DVD player region free

Old Jan 11th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Wink How to make DVD player region free

Hi,

I was searching the 'net this morning on how to make my LG DVD player 'region free' or at least region 4 for our move to Oz and came across the following site that you can search for your model of DVD player to see if there is a code for it. Full instructions are provided (from what I have seen).

BTW: Region encoding means that your player can only play those DVD's specific to your region. Using the correct code (region free or '0') can ensure that your DVD player can play DVD's from any region.

Click Here

HTH
Darren
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:02 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to make DVD player region free

Good link mate, but theres an easier way.

Due to the gyroscopic function of most dvd players, just turn it upside down, and it plays all UK dvd's.

Ste
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Good link mate, but theres an easier way.

Due to the gyroscopic function of most dvd players, just turn it upside down, and it plays all UK dvd's.

Ste
If I had known that mate it would have saved me some searching this morning
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aus2be
If I had known that mate it would have saved me some searching this morning
lololol !! My cousin is nr Balymena they own a coffee shop there or something, minf you ive never ever been to Ireland.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

lololol !! My cousin is nr Balymena they own a coffee shop there or something, minf you ive never ever been to Ireland.
how near to Ballymena? Bearing in mind now how small NI is and how 'near' we are to each other.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:06 am
Banned

how near to Ballymena? Bearing in mind now how small NI is and how 'near' we are to each other.
Really not sure, I know they said its a really small village.

Havent got their address, so cant tellya. But hes a PUD and shes English.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Really not sure, I know they said its a really small village.

Havent got their address, so cant tellya. But hes a PUD and shes English.
No worries mate. NI is made up of alot of small villages.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I was searching the 'net this morning on how to make my LG DVD player 'region free' or at least region 4 for our move to Oz and came across the following site that you can search for your model of DVD player to see if there is a code for it. Full instructions are provided (from what I have seen).

BTW: Region encoding means that your player can only play those DVD's specific to your region. Using the correct code (region free or '0') can ensure that your DVD player can play DVD's from any region.

http://img.skitch.com/20080111-tsase...3j5c2yuu5u.jpg

Click Here

HTH
Darren
I struggled to find the code for our Panasonic DVD recorder online. I took it to the local repair shop who sorted it for me for about $50. Plays all regions now.

They have the ability to download the software to the machine to make it region free.

Hope this helps if you can't find your code.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
I struggled to find the code for our Panasonic DVD recorder online. I took it to the local repair shop who sorted it for me for about $50. Plays all regions now.

They have the ability to download the software to the machine to make it region free.

Hope this helps if you can't find your code.
Hi Poppett,

Most players/recorders can be made to region free by using a series of key presses on the remote control and on the unit themselves. I used to work in a large electronics form making VCR's & DVD players/recorders and it is built into just about all of these types of units.

£50 is alot to pay.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: How to make DVD player region free

Hi,

Click Here

HTH
Darren
Thanks for that

Just made my new Aussie Phillips set play the UK dvds we could't use up to now.

Bruce
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

robclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nice

[QUOTE=aus2be;5772123]Hi,

Click Here

HTH

I love you...You can have my children..Oh and my wife informs me she loves you as well. I could never be arsed to search for the hack so many thanks...Your a star! Worked a treat on my daughters DVD
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Hi Poppett,

Most players/recorders can be made to region free by using a series of key presses on the remote control and on the unit themselves. I used to work in a large electronics form making VCR's & DVD players/recorders and it is built into just about all of these types of units.

£50 is alot to pay.
Panasonic DVD players cannot be made region free without a special piece of equipment (a special remote which reprograms the player to make it region free) or a hacked firmware for the player.

$50 is a good price
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough

Hi I've got a panasonic DMR-ES35V video DVd recorder cant seem to find a hack for it anywhere, Bought it in Oz but does not play UK DVD's anyone know of any hacks for this model please...