Reload this Page >

How to make an aussie Cringe..

Wikiposts

How to make an aussie Cringe..

Old Jun 1st 2003, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default How to make an aussie Cringe..

One think I keep reading on here is phrases like. RIDGEY DIDGE, GUDAY, NO WORRIES MATE etc...

To be honest I have not heard any aussies apart from the very occasional dickhead use these phrases.

Sure they may crop up in Crocodile Dundee movies, but the average Australian has moved on, does not talk like that and will probably wonder if you are taking the piss if you start going on like that.

Note: I will not make a total idiot of myself going around sunbathing, wearing cork hats, saying throw a prawn on the barbie or shouting no worries mate at people. It is 2003 now, Paul Hogan emigrated and so did Dame Edna, so please act like a normal english person and you will be fine.

There is nothing worse than a English Immigrant pretending to be OZtralian, cringe.:scared:
You are english, they know you are english and acting like a moron will not make them think you are Australian.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 3:19 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

There's a more efficient method. Put a peg on your nose and talk like a Brit.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 3:22 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: How to make an aussie Cringe..

Originally posted by dotty
One think I keep reading on here is phrases like. RIDGEY DIDGE, GUDAY, NO WORRIES MATE etc...

To be honest I have not heard any aussies apart from the very occasional dickhead use these phrases.

Sure they may crop up in Crocodile Dundee movies, but the average Australian has moved on, does not talk like that and will probably wonder if you are taking the piss if you start going on like that.

Note: I will not make a total idiot of myself going around sunbathing, wearing cork hats, saying throw a prawn on the barbie or shouting no worries mate at people. It is 2003 now, Paul Hogan emigrated and so did Dame Edna, so please act like a normal english person and you will be fine.

There is nothing worse than a English Immigrant pretending to be OZtralian, cringe.:scared:
You are english, they know you are english and acting like a moron will not make them think you are Australian.

"RIDGEY DIDGE" never hear anyone using this here," G'day" yes , and No worries- yes.

P.S Acting like a moron will probably make " them " think that they are indeed true Aussies (just joking!!!)
Old Jun 1st 2003, 3:25 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

A Brit calling an Aussie a " moron " is an oxymoron.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard plenty of locals say "G'day", "mate" and "no worries"

But I agree that new Brits in OZ should not use them...sounds very lame.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 3:47 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Megalania
A Brit calling an Aussie a " moron " is an oxymoron.
You are so mixed up - do you not know if you are an Aussie or a Pom yet?

This thread really applies to you doesn't it? - got your cork hat on yet mate? Go figure yourself out and stop protesting too much. You are a very mixed up sick little individual

No real Australian acts like you do.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

Certainly never heard of 'ridgey didge' - but have heard G'day and 'No worries - mate' occasionally. Most greetings start with 'How's it going?'. And I have heard 'no worries' fairly often but without the 'mate' at the end.

AndyH
Old Jun 1st 2003, 6:55 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Ceri
You are so mixed up - do you not know if you are an Aussie or a Pom yet?

This thread really applies to you doesn't it? - got your cork hat on yet mate? Go figure yourself out and stop protesting too much. You are a very mixed up sick little individual

No real Australian acts like you do.
Like you would have any idea, another oxymoron.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 7:38 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Megalania
Like you would have any idea, another oxymoron.
Go and play with your little fridge. You are pathetic. There are genuine people on this forum asking genuine questions about life and emigrating to Aus - would it make you feel happy that you have somehow influenced someone else's life for the worst by your constant bull sh*ting under different names - great fun is it? Are you that screwed up and sad with your own lot, get real you pathetic little t*rd.

Last reply to you and your other "personalities, your personality shank included, that's one of your new usernames you are using -pathetic little piece of sh*te. which is ironic in itself the name shank - suits you!.

excuse the "language' to everyone else, sorry.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 1st 2003 at 8:02 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 9:21 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Ceri
Go and play with your little fridge. You are pathetic. There are genuine people on this forum asking genuine questions about life and emigrating to Aus - would it make you feel happy that you have somehow influenced someone else's life for the worst by your constant bull sh*ting under different names - great fun is it? Are you that screwed up and sad with your own lot, get real you pathetic little t*rd.

Last reply to you and your other "personalities, your personality shank included, that's one of your new usernames you are using -pathetic little piece of sh*te. which is ironic in itself the name shank - suits you!.

excuse the "language' to everyone else, sorry.

cheers
The best advice for most on here would be to keep away from Aus or risk ending up like you.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 11:36 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty

I heard G'day and No worries loads....but never that first one. What it mean?
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by PeteY
I heard G'day and No worries loads....but never that first one. What it mean?

Try this link for lots of "Australianisms"

http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/S...ssieSpeak.html