Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How lucky am I???

How lucky am I???

Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute
Default How lucky am I???

I drove to work today..the sun was shining...and I felt so lucky to be where I am. The rocky journey was worth it....all the stress, worry and aggravation was more than worth it! I love Oz and will always feel lucky that I had the chance to live the dream!! No - I haven't been drinking...yet!!!
Bec
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How lucky am I???

Two and a half years down the line and I still feel like that, even when the weather's shite Stay happy
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Scarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really nice

baa humbug I woke up in the uk this morning and had to scrape ice off the car to be able to do the school run
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scarlett1
baa humbug I woke up in the uk this morning and had to scrape ice off the car to be able to do the school run
Ice, Ice...sheer bloody luxury...
We had perma-frost on our cars this morning!
But we were 'appy...NOT.
(Anyone under 35 might not get that!)
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Ice, Ice...sheer bloody luxury...
We had perma-frost on our cars this morning!
But we were 'appy...NOT.
(Anyone under 35 might not get that!)
Soz only a baby and don't get it, got the week off work and stil had to scrape the car when i went out at 10!!!! Roll on the visa's it's the middle of the chuffin night in sydney and my pc is telling me it's 22 degrees over there.... sometime soon my dear sometime soon. Dreams are there to be lived and lived they wil be
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:14 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scarlett1
hehe..it's probably just me but this sounds like you wren't expecting to wake up in the UK this morning...haha!

Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:17 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bexie
I drove to work today..the sun was shining...and I felt so lucky to be where I am. The rocky journey was worth it....all the stress, worry and aggravation was more than worth it! I love Oz and will always feel lucky that I had the chance to live the dream!! No - I haven't been drinking...yet!!!
Bec
Well the sun is shining here in UK and hubby got his visa today so nothing going to stand in our way now - so I am happy to say to I soon be out there living my dream again.

Loads of good vibes in the air today!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
Well the sun is shining here in UK and hubby got his visa today so nothing going to stand in our way now - so I am happy to say to I soon be out there living my dream again.

congratulations! i hope all goes well for you
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by RedT
hehe..it's probably just me but this sounds like you wren't expecting to wake up in the UK this morning...haha!

Well I am still hoping that one day I wake up in oz and that living in the uk was just a dream as I head off to have a quick surf in sea before lighting the barbie
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

well done
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Loads of congratulations Wheeler-Jones,
hope you have a fantastic life down under, and yeah the sun has come out up in the north too, sadly no visa though. Good luck
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vickys
Loads of congratulations Wheeler-Jones,
hope you have a fantastic life down under, and yeah the sun has come out up in the north too, sadly no visa though. Good luck
I know we will eventually feel like that but I tell you guys once you hand in your resignation, the exchange rate goes so far down that you loose thousands of hard work for £ and the house isnt selling, I long for a day when I smile.?

Sorry on a bit of a downer today!!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
I know we will eventually feel like that but I tell you guys once you hand in your resignation, the exchange rate goes so far down that you loose thousands of hard work for £ and the house isnt selling, I long for a day when I smile.?

Bless ya babe, I rememer looking at the said exchange rate not too long ago and it was at 2.4, looked the other day and it's gone down to 2.05, what you have to try and remember is that it is summer in Oz, they have only just gone back to schools etc, it will go up soon enough, just like it went down.

You will smile and your family will be happy, all you need to do it read all about the fuel charges in the UK and the latest changes in council tax,then look at Oz and the whole lifestyle, it'll make you a little happier. Focus on that day that you are laying on the beach or by the side of your pool with a bevvie or two, life will be sweet.

take care babe
Vicky
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:00 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stevensfamily

ditto!!
your not the only one
bec
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vickys
Bless ya babe, I rememer looking at the said exchange rate not too long ago and it was at 2.4, looked the other day and it's gone down to 2.05, what you have to try and remember is that it is summer in Oz, they have only just gone back to schools etc, it will go up soon enough, just like it went down.

You will smile and your family will be happy, all you need to do it read all about the fuel charges in the UK and the latest changes in council tax,then look at Oz and the whole lifestyle, it'll make you a little happier. Focus on that day that you are laying on the beach or by the side of your pool with a bevvie or two, life will be sweet.

take care babe
Vicky

Vicky,

What a lovely person you are thank you so much for making me look at the positives in our life choice and not focus on the negatives. We have two wonderful children and we are moving to Oz mainly for their better life and choices. You made me smile thank you so much. I truly believe what goes around comes around so may all things go well for you in your life.

Thanks again,

And to my fellow depressed people. Go with it, Australia has to follow and slump soon as there house prices are becoming unaffordable to Jo public who have had recent interest rate hikes and salaries have not followed so surely they must be entering the same issues as UK and must stabilize there economy. Shipping there goods out of the country must be expensive now so they have to fix their exchange rate.

Sorry to pinch your thread Bexs so didnt mean to its just your happy happy statement made me so jealous as we have yet to jump. Once we have jumped I am sure we will smile at the panic we have all entered into.

Thanks Bexs for pointing out that life is great once over there.

Cheryl
See what you did Vicky happy days...... Karma given to you

Last edited by stevensfamily; Feb 18th 2008 at 6:14 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.