Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How longs it going to take then?

How longs it going to take then?

Old Apr 22nd 2002, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

M4rk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How longs it going to take then?

We did it... finally got the whole lot together and posted it off today. One checked, double checked then checked again application signed sealed and posted.

Any one got any idea how long it is likely to take.

ACS 2231-11 IT Systems Manager.

I have had a look here:-->
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/aus/opener.jsp

which seems to have a good few time scales - are processing times dependant on ASCO code or first come first served?

Any details happily received...thanks.
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 7:31 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default x

x

Last edited by @boy; Mar 5th 2003 at 3:03 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: How longs it going to take then?

Thanks for that - suddenly I am all excited. I was beginning to think (reading other posts) that only those done through agents were processed quickly.

Wow. Here goes.
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough

Just to let you know I have also applied under code 2231-11 in February, received acknowledgement in March but haven't heard anything since.
Not sure if my application might be delayed as we have advised them that we are in Aus for 3 weeks in May to look around.
We have already started the process for our police checks and our medicals are booked for June - we are hoping to receive a proper request for these soon.................
Good luck
Paul
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone help with details of the following:

- Where should I register for our medicals?
- What are they likely to cost?
- How far in advance should we / must we book them?
- Where should we write to for police references?

...lots of questions - sorry - but after all the sorting to get 47sk posted this seems like round 2 is about to start...

...oh yes when you all send details to Adelaide how do you do it?
I sent the 47sk pack (weight 300g) via Post Office 'Business Post' trackable and I can find out when it is delivered - it cost £41.70 - is there a better way?

..as ever any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2002, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough

Reference the police checks and medical questions:

Firstly we went to the local station and they new exactly what was needed, we had to a send a form off to get the correct form (strange idea but it was all really quick). On receiving this form we completed all of the details and sent it to the address required with a cheque for £10 each, (sorry can't remember exactly where it was sent but it should only take about a month).

For the medicals you need to e-mail London to get the correct forms as the ones on the IMMI.gov.au are for Australia only. Again this only took about a week from London. Once you have these forms you can contact one of the approved doctors on the 'Panel Doctors and Radiologists..' sheet, from what I remember this was on the UK immigration site.

Be warned that these doctors can be quite hard to get an appointment with, ours in Bournemouth only completes these medicals one day a week. The cost we were quoted was about £140 per person all in (includes x-ray and medical).

Hope this helps.
Annie
Old Apr 24th 2002, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Annie, I have dug out some forms and am progressing.... will let you know how we find the medicals etc.

Cheers