Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long will this torture carry on for?????

How long will this torture carry on for?????

Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:32 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up How long will this torture carry on for?????

So we are at the point where Adelaide have credited the credit card and got all our visa forms and information, so next step is the police checks and the dreaded medicals, so in view of this the hubby and I started the diet last week and have really really really tried to cut the drinking !!

So just wondered the timeframe this torture needs to carry on for!!

How long did it take for you to hear about medicals and police checks once they had got all the visa information from you???
:scared:
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:55 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long will this torture carry on for?????

Originally Posted by toon williams
So we are at the point where Adelaide have credited the credit card and got all our visa forms and information, so next step is the police checks and the dreaded medicals, so in view of this the hubby and I started the diet last week and have really really really tried to cut the drinking !!

How long did it take for you to hear about medicals and police checks once they had got all the visa information from you???

Sorry but don't think this is what you want to hear - it took four months for us from when we lodged the application!!! We had expected to hear within three months, and we booked our medicals ahead in anticipation. When we hadn't heard anything, we still went ahead with our meds as we had a file reference number, but in actual fact it was another month after that that we heard from DIMIA. Obviously, timescales do vary depending upon what visa class you're applying under, but I think the average is about 2-3 months - I'm sure others on here will be able to comment on this.

Certainly there's no harm on losing a few pounds if you're overweight, but unless you are clinically obese and have health problems as a result, it's not worthwhile just to go on a diet for the medical - I'd suggest working out your BMI and seeing if it falls within the recommended banding's.

Both Dave and I enjoy a daily tipple, and I know it doesn't hurt to cut down......but since this is real life(!) we stopped drinking for three days before our meds, just to make sure there would be no problem with the urine samples - and everything was fine!!!

Nicky

Last edited by Nicky & Dave; Jan 9th 2006 at 11:57 am.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:04 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Sorry but don't think this is what you want to hear - it took four months for us from when we lodged the application!!! We had expected to hear within three months, and we booked our medicals ahead in anticipation. When we hadn't heard anything, we still went ahead with our meds as we had a file reference number, but in actual fact it was another month after that that we heard from DIMIA. Obviously, timescales do vary depending upon what visa class you're applying under, but I think the average is about 2-3 months - I'm sure others on here will be able to comment on this.

Certainly there's no harm on losing a few pounds if you're overweight, but unless you are clinically obese and have health problems as a result, it's not worthwhile just to go on a diet for the medical - I'd suggest working out your BMI and seeing if it falls within the recommended banding's.

Both Dave and I enjoy a daily tipple, and I know it doesn't hurt to cut down......but since this is real life(!) we stopped drinking for three days before our meds, just to make sure there would be no problem with the urine samples - and everything was fine!!!

Nicky

Ok thanks for the information!!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:15 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was also about four months ..... booked meds around this timescale and we got the request a couple of weeks after so tied in nicely
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sel
Ours was also about four months ..... booked meds around this timescale and we got the request a couple of weeks after so tied in nicely
hi, i got ack 12th oct and allocated CO and meds requested 12th dec. i'm on 136 MODL (nurse). glad i did the meds before requested as my son needed further test (long story, see me other posts if you can find them) so i have had time to sort these out, well almost. my CO wanted all the meds sent by 17th feb but i would no way have got the further tests done by then if i had not had the meds done before they were requested. hopefully yours will be OK and you won't have any problems. selina
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:27 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Toon williams

Just couldn't believe it when I saw where you live...

I have sent you a PM

Cheers
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:42 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

We're on a 139 Sponsored Desgnated Area and have been told to wait 3-4 months for our meds requests too. We've booked them for mid February in anticipation. I've also picked up the forms from our local police station so will need to fill those in in the next couple of weeks and send them off.
After that, we should get the visa in May sometime.
Julie.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
We're on a 139 Sponsored Desgnated Area and have been told to wait 3-4 months for our meds requests too. We've booked them for mid February in anticipation. I've also picked up the forms from our local police station so will need to fill those in in the next couple of weeks and send them off.
After that, we should get the visa in May sometime.
Julie.
Julie with ref to Police checks, Through Dorset Constabulary ours took about 40 Days to come back after going to Scotland yard so try to send them off ASAP, One thing less to worry about. Good Luck

John
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:06 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Julie with ref to Police checks, Through Dorset Constabulary ours took about 40 Days to come back after going to Scotland yard so try to send them off ASAP, One thing less to worry about. Good Luck

John
Thanks Nicky
Will do
Julie.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:12 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

hubby is MODL & it took 14 wks for us to get the medicals & pcc's requested.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:15 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

what visa type are you? we are on a 138 (sponsored), and have waited nearly 41/2 months so far for the meds to be requested, although i know of some other applications who are still waiting at the 7 month mark!!

is your application straight forward? no previous marriages/children from other realtionships etc? things like this will add time onto your request coming through, as well as the visa type. i was advised by our agent that non-priority applications are looking at 9 months from applying until meds/pccs requested?!!

let us know what visa type you are and whether you are on the MODL list please. it might help to narrow things down a bit more.

good luck with your application.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:52 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
what visa type are you? we are on a 138 (sponsored), and have waited nearly 41/2 months so far for the meds to be requested, although i know of some other applications who are still waiting at the 7 month mark!!

is your application straight forward? no previous marriages/children from other realtionships etc? things like this will add time onto your request coming through, as well as the visa type. i was advised by our agent that non-priority applications are looking at 9 months from applying until meds/pccs requested?!!

let us know what visa type you are and whether you are on the MODL list please. it might help to narrow things down a bit more.

good luck with your application.

I am not very good at which visa we are going for, I thought there was only one on the skilled visa side?? Anyway we are on the skilled list and that is the visa we are going for which is for permanent residency, our agent said we would be fast tracked because of my husbands skill being in demand, but do they all say that??? Hope that helps!!?!?!?!?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How long will this torture carry on for?????

Hi
we received our acknowledgement of application on the 10th Oct then received a letter to go to meds on the 20th december, so wasn't to long.
It Is good advice regarding police checks though, we wish we had done them sooner as were still waiting on their return and we have meds next week.

good luck with everything

Gina x
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:59 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Your application was acknowledged in November and your getting impatient now ????

Check out www.austimeline.com for peoples records of how long is currently taking.

Please be patient. Your lucky - it used to take 18 months!!!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:00 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

I am not very good at which visa we are going for, I thought there was only one on the skilled visa side?? Anyway we are on the skilled list and that is the visa we are going for which is for permanent residency, our agent said we would be fast tracked because of my husbands skill being in demand, but do they all say that??? Hope that helps!!?!?!?!?
not really.....

what is your husbands professions first? i will let you know if it is on the MODL list, which is fast tracked as they are more in demand (i think your husbands job may well be on the MODL list).

are you being sponsored by either a relative or by an australian state? are you having to get an assurer to say they will look after you if anything goes wrong? or get a bond to be paid into an australian bank? if not, that eliminates 2 visa types.

let me know the above and we will go from there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.