British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How long will medical & police clearance be requested after DIMA receives application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-long-will-medical-police-clearance-requested-after-dima-receives-application-118380/)

marauder Nov 21st 2002 2:12 am

How long will medical & police clearance be requested after DIMA receives application

Hi , I would like to find out the when will the medical check and police clearance be requested after DIMA had confirmed the receipt of the PR appliaction? Tks.

shakey_jakey Nov 21st 2002 2:44 am

Don't u read the forums? Go to www.austimeline.com for an idea. Depends what kind of visa you have applied for and what kind of skills you have. I think as a nurse, being fast tracked, you would hear soon, three to six months. Else, anything from a year to two years is my calculation.

Hope this helps,

regards
Shakey_Jakey

marauder Nov 21st 2002 3:04 am

medical & police clearance

Originally posted by shakey_jakey
Don't u read the forums? Go to www.austimeline.com for an idea. Depends what kind of visa you have applied for and what kind of skills you have. I think as a nurse, being fast tracked, you would hear soon, three to six months. Else, anything from a year to two years is my calculation.

Hope this helps,

regards
Shakey_Jakey

Tks. I am not referring to the PR Application, but the medical and police clearance. How can it take a year to 2 when they said that the PR application takes approximately 50 weeks?

ptlabs Nov 21st 2002 6:44 am

Re: medical & police clearance

Originally posted by marauder
Tks. I am not referring to the PR Application, but the medical and police clearance. How can it take a year to 2 when they said that the PR application takes approximately 50 weeks?

It depends on a few factors.

Some candidates (from South Asia mostly) are required to undergo additional steps for verification of qualifications. This will add to the overall processing time. Some candidates refuse to supply an IELTS score even after being advised by the regulars here that one would be needed, so that delays things too.

If you applied after Nov 2001 to Adelaide, the estimated time is 50+ weeks. If you applied before that to your local AHC or AE, the estimated time is irrelevant, as the estimates are usually wrong.

Peter

marauder Nov 21st 2002 7:29 am

Tks Peter. Hv u got ur PR?

poggle Nov 26th 2002 12:05 am

Hi Marauder!

As shakey said, check out www.austimeline.com and register yourself, then you can check out other people from your country of origin and with a similar applications, and it may help you get an idea of when you may be requested for medicals etc. also search this forum for previous postings on the subject too.

Good luck!

marauder Nov 26th 2002 1:24 am

Originally posted by poggle
Hi Marauder!

As shakey said, check out www.austimeline.com and register yourself, then you can check out other people from your country of origin and with a similar applications, and it may help you get an idea of when you may be requested for medicals etc. also search this forum for previous postings on the subject too.

Good luck!

Tks poggle.