Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long, when to sell blah de blah de blah

how long, when to sell blah de blah de blah

Old Jun 26th 2004, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

john&jules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how long, when to sell blah de blah de blah

These questions have been asked a thousand times but the search on our gerriatric PC takes hours and usually results in the computer crashing completly. Had ackonwldegment letter of receipt of application a couple of weeks ago and know its now a long wait until meds are requested, but if meds are OK how long after that do you know whether you are in or not. And at what point do people usually put their houses on the market. I know im getting ahead of myself here but this shite weather makes me even more impatient and have nothing better to do than to sit around daydreaming and surfing this bloody website, again.

jules
Old Jun 26th 2004, 12:12 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: how long, when to sell blah de blah de blah

Originally posted by john&jules
These questions have been asked a thousand times but the search on our gerriatric PC takes hours and usually results in the computer crashing completly. Had ackonwldegment letter of receipt of application a couple of weeks ago and know its now a long wait until meds are requested, but if meds are OK how long after that do you know whether you are in or not. And at what point do people usually put their houses on the market. I know im getting ahead of myself here but this shite weather makes me even more impatient and have nothing better to do than to sit around daydreaming and surfing this bloody website, again.

jules
Can only speak for ourselves Jules but we were around six weeks after the Medicals. I'd certainly be getting your house on the market as soon as possible & see what interest there is in it.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 12:17 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally would sell ASAP.....lots of people with visa's and house sale holding them up !

all the best plum
Old Jun 26th 2004, 12:21 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by john&jules

jules
Hi Jules

We got med requests 6 months after application was received in Sept last year and are expecting our visas in July. This is a longer wait than between med requests and visa granted because we had complications with our sponsor. Sorted now thou.

On the house front we put ours up as soon as we got the request for meds in April as once you get the request you are more or less in, barring serious health issues or criminal record of course.

You could put the house up to see what kind of response you get and you could take the gamble of selling it now in the hope that you will get to Oz. Then maybe rent till you get there?

Check the time lines of other applicants.

And of course it depends on what visa you are going in on.

I agree this weather is a bit of a downer to say the least.

Walla
Old Jun 26th 2004, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Jules
Get it on the market NOW!
hugs
Rach x