British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How long to validate visa? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-long-validate-visa-402448/)

dade Oct 16th 2006 8:29 am

How long to validate visa?
 
We have just posted our 100K bond to get the 5 extra points we needed under a skilled visa so fingers crossed that we'll be getting our visa soon. How long do you have between visa grant and deadline for visa validation? Don't really fancy having to travel there during the pre-christmas rush.

Sani

Wendy Oct 16th 2006 8:33 am

Re: How long to validate visa?
 

Originally Posted by dade
We have just posted our 100K bond to get the 5 extra points we needed under a skilled visa so fingers crossed that we'll be getting our visa soon. How long do you have between visa grant and deadline for visa validation? Don't really fancy having to travel there during the pre-christmas rush.

Sani


Usually a year from the date of your police checks or meds whichever is earliest.

Unless you have problems with meds, then you may only get 6 months :)

Tigersanne Oct 17th 2006 12:07 pm

Re: How long to validate visa?
 

Originally Posted by dade
We have just posted our 100K bond to get the 5 extra points we needed under a skilled visa so fingers crossed that we'll be getting our visa soon. How long do you have between visa grant and deadline for visa validation? Don't really fancy having to travel there during the pre-christmas rush.

Sani

It is usually 12 months, but they asked us if we needed it extending, we said yes, they gave us 16 months instead.

tigersanne :)

travelbug Oct 17th 2006 4:49 pm

Re: How long to validate visa?
 

Originally Posted by Tigersanne
It is usually 12 months, but they asked us if we needed it extending, we said yes, they gave us 16 months instead.

tigersanne :)

is it common practice for them to allow extensions on visa validation dates?
or only in certain circumstances such as problems arising out of meds etc ?

:)

rich8509 Oct 17th 2006 4:59 pm

Re: How long to validate visa?
 

Originally Posted by dade
We have just posted our 100K bond to get the 5 extra points we needed under a skilled visa so fingers crossed that we'll be getting our visa soon. How long do you have between visa grant and deadline for visa validation? Don't really fancy having to travel there during the pre-christmas rush.

Sani

Hi Sani,

could i hijack your thread for a second and ask you how long they give you to pay the 100k bond? i have sent my pcc and meds (requested) and am hopeing to get the request for the bond soon.

regards
Rich

dade Oct 18th 2006 6:27 am

Re: How long to validate visa?
 
They gave us 28 days but as the case officer had made a mistake and not sent all the documentation we needed my agent requested an extension and we got an extra 2 weeks on top of the 28 days.

rich8509 Oct 18th 2006 9:24 am

Re: How long to validate visa?
 

Originally Posted by dade
They gave us 28 days but as the case officer had made a mistake and not sent all the documentation we needed my agent requested an extension and we got an extra 2 weeks on top of the 28 days.

Thanks for the info, best get my finger out and start arranging something


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:26 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.