Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long until the visa comes?

How long until the visa comes?

Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:29 pm
Geordie in Oz

smiley_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long until the visa comes?

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to find out if you have you're visa or not after they have received you're medical and police checks. The wait is killing me....

Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:31 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How long until the visa comes?

Originally posted by smiley_uk
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to find out if you have you're visa or not after they have received you're medical and police checks. The wait is killing me....

click over to www.austimeline.com

This will give you a pretty good indication

PJ
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:33 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

We,re on the same boat,infact we all are,just a matter of wait,wait & more waiting!
We,re with Oe too.
Has your agent gave you a rough idea of time scale? ours has.
Donna.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:36 pm
Geordie in Oz

I got a timescale back in october of 48 to 50 weeks, but have heard nothing more. Perhaps I will ring them tomorrow and ask again....

good luck with you're visa

Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Our meds and police checks were requested late April but done in March (unrequested), then we had to lodge our bond money before July 2nd and we are now waiting for our passports with visas to come back from Australia House!
rach x
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:42 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I got a timescale back in october of 48 to 50 weeks, but have heard nothing more. Perhaps I will ring them tomorrow and ask again....

good luck with you're visa

Was this the timescale Oe gave you?
Donna.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:46 pm
Geordie in Oz

Originally posted by madsad
Was this the timescale Oe gave you?
Donna.

This was the timescale from the Oz goverment I think.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:49 pm

This was the timescale from the Oz goverment I think.
So has Oe not given you a rough time scale??
Donna.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:52 pm
Geordie in Oz

Donna.

No, I guess I should really give them a ring or drop them an e-mail tomorrow. Even if its just for peace of mind....

and to stop racing down to check the post everyday

Paul
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:53 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Donna.

I am in the same boat too. I have been told from this forum, it can take anything from 4-6 weeks after the medicals etc have been sent.

The 45 -50 week time frame is for the whole application, I hope!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:56 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hebburn??

We're from Gateshead. Nobody knows how long the wait is now as things have changed with DIMIA.

We are waiting another 4 to 8 weeks, were expecting visas in July.

Meds were in Adelaide 21st May.

Join the queue we are all being killed by the wait!!

Walla
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:56 pm
Geordie in Oz

Originally posted by claire edwards
I am in the same boat too. I have been told from this forum, it can take anything from 4-6 weeks after the medicals etc have been sent.

The 45 -50 week time frame is for the whole application, I hope!

4 to 6 weeks, now that sounds a whole lot better. I could be in Adelaide for xmas, enjoying a beer on the beach

Paul
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

if it's any help we got our visa confirmation today, the meds etc.. were in with Adelaide just under 4 weeks ago.

This was for a skilled 136 visa.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:45 pm

Originally posted by asfry
if it's any help we got our visa confirmation today, the meds etc.. were in with Adelaide just under 4 weeks ago.

WOW!!
This is what we want to hear!!
anybody else?!!
Donna.
P,S-CONGRATS!! You must be on cloud nine!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:05 pm
Geordie in Oz

Originally posted by asfry

My visa is a skilled 136 visa and my meds etc were in Adelaide over 7 weeks ago now........ ah well the wait goes on.

Good luck to you !!! Hope everything goes smoothly from here on and you enjoy that first beer in the Oz sun.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.