Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long till we hear?

how long till we hear?

Old Oct 25th 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

NUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant future
Default how long till we hear?

hi there, we have just sent our medicals and police checks off, can anyone tell us roughly how long untill we hear the verdict thanks and sitting with everything crossed
Old Oct 25th 2006, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice
Default Re: how long till we hear?

We sent our off in June and were asked for our bond mid September, so around 3 months we waited and we are on a 136 non modl visa.

p.s. We 'GOT IT' yesterday!

Good luck with your application.

Melis
Old Oct 25th 2006, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NUMBER69
hi there, we have just sent our medicals and police checks off, can anyone tell us roughly how long untill we hear the verdict thanks and sitting with everything crossed
Hi there we had our meds done beginning of June and sent Police Checks off end of July. We had an email from our agent 10th August (whilst we were on holiday) to say can you ring me asap. We thought that there was a problem and when we rung her the next day she said "I just thought that you would like to know that your visas have been granted"
We were on skilled independent 136. Good luck and hope that you get the good news soon.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

NUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mel n Daz
We sent our off in June and were asked for our bond mid September, so around 3 months we waited and we are on a 136 non modl visa.

p.s. We 'GOT IT' yesterday!

Good luck with your application.

Melis
congratulations thats good news, we are applying under 138 skilled sponsored, dont know if that makes any differance but heres hoping for a nice xmas present thanks for your replys, vince
Old Oct 25th 2006, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

Hi 69 we are just about to start going about the visa trail but dont know where to start I noticed you were from Lanark we are in Glasgow my wife is a nurse I am a HGV driver so I think I would be going in on her visa from what we understand could you maybe give us a couple of starting points cheers Gordon andPaula
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

Hi,

We're also 138 non modl and had our medicals done on 8th september and sent pcc's away 4 weeks ago. I thought we would have heard something by now. We're being sponsored so just waiting on e-mail requesting us to arrange for sponsor to go for interview. By the way, we're from Dumbarton. Where are you heading for and when do you anticipate leaving?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kozzae
Hi,

We're also 138 non modl and had our medicals done on 8th september and sent pcc's away 4 weeks ago. I thought we would have heard something by now. We're being sponsored so just waiting on e-mail requesting us to arrange for sponsor to go for interview. By the way, we're from Dumbarton. Where are you heading for and when do you anticipate leaving?
hi there
we have had our sponsor interviewed and the bond in place, they recieved our checks/medicals etc 2 weeks ago so im just sitting with everything crossed, just a couple of black marks on my police checks from 20 odd yrs ago that are worrying me :scared:
im from just outside Lanark, heading for Perth (Kelmscott) my partners only remaining family stay there.
moving will depend realy on when we sell the house so if you know anyone looking for a house on its own in the country with 13 acres, stables, arena etc haha cheers, vince
Old Oct 26th 2006, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

hi there
we have had our sponsor interviewed and the bond in place, they recieved our checks/medicals etc 2 weeks ago so im just sitting with everything crossed, just a couple of black marks on my police checks from 20 odd yrs ago that are worrying me :scared:
im from just outside Lanark, heading for Perth (Kelmscott) my partners only remaining family stay there.
moving will depend realy on when we sell the house so if you know anyone looking for a house on its own in the country with 13 acres, stables, arena etc haha cheers, vince

Hi,

How long did you wait till you got request for sponsors interview or was this done before they got your meds/police checks? Are you a 138 also? By the way, i would quite fancy your house myself as I love the country and horses but unfortunately Australia has won me over. I'm sitting next to the pc almost every spare minute waiting on request for sponsor interview.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

StellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi there we had our meds done beginning of June and sent Police Checks off end of July. We had an email from our agent 10th August (whilst we were on holiday) to say can you ring me asap. We thought that there was a problem and when we rung her the next day she said "I just thought that you would like to know that your visas have been granted"
We were on skilled independent 136. Good luck and hope that you get the good news soon.
were on a 136 Visa, were just waiting to get the OH's police check back from the police, I have mine and all the medicals etc have been done. Glad to hear it only took you about 2 weeks once you sent them away. Hopefully ours will be the same.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all

My meds were sent off 5 weeks ago and I frontloaded PCC's in August and I've heard nothing.............

I'm still waiting for a request to go do the AoS part.

I'm on a 139 and on the MODL list. I too would have thought I'd have heard something by now. I waited nearly 8 months for a CO and now it's 2 1/2 months down the line and ...............nothing.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

StellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jobart
My meds were sent off 5 weeks ago and I frontloaded PCC's in August and I've heard nothing.............

I'm still waiting for a request to go do the AoS part.

I'm on a 139 and on the MODL list. I too would have thought I'd have heard something by now. I waited nearly 8 months for a CO and now it's 2 1/2 months down the line and ...............nothing.
that's strange we were asked to do police checks, meds and AoS at the same time. Maybe it's different for everyone. Maybe you should ask, maybe they are waiting for you?

Dave
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Daveh777
that's strange we were asked to do police checks, meds and AoS at the same time. Maybe it's different for everyone. Maybe you should ask, maybe they are waiting for you?

Dave
My agent was expecting this also and e-mailed the CO back in August when the meds and PCC's were requested. I don't know what response they had, they never said. It looks like everyone gets asked for the AOS at the same time. Don't know what happened in my case, but it's holding things up a lot now. I've asked my agent to contact the CO and request an update. Hopefully this will get things moving again...........very frustrating.

Pete..
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:59 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveh777

Dave
We got the AOS/meds/pc's request at the same time too - how much time did your CO give you to send the pc's/meds back etc? we got 28 days, most people seem to get 70 so we are intrigued.
Recently checked up on how our medical checks went, they were received by LCU 3 weeks ago, we got a response telling us they are 'undergoing assessment' does anyone know what this wording means?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by C&R
We got the AOS/meds/pc's request at the same time too - how much time did your CO give you to send the pc's/meds back etc? we got 28 days, most people seem to get 70 so we are intrigued.
Recently checked up on how our medical checks went, they were received by LCU 3 weeks ago, we got a response telling us they are 'undergoing assessment' does anyone know what this wording means?
That's really weird, I was given 70 day's ! 28 day's doesn't seem long enough to me to get all that done, I waited 6 weeks for PCC's to get back to me, did you frontload anything? if you did maybe that's why you only got 28 day's.

I also did what you did in regards your meds, and LCU said excactly the same to me. I sent mine 5 weeks ago...........
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:18 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jobart
That's really weird, I was given 70 day's ! 28 day's doesn't seem long enough to me to get all that done, I waited 6 weeks for PCC's to get back to me, did you frontload anything? if you did maybe that's why you only got 28 day's.

I also did what you did in regards your meds, and LCU said excactly the same to me. I sent mine 5 weeks ago...........
Nope no front loading, sent the info once requested. Already had the UK checks, just needed to apply for the Oz & PC's from the country where we live now. Have had to ask for an extension as its impossible to get everything sent within 28 days. Whenever I send an email to the CO we never get a response though, its kind of worrying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.