Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long till police check etc etc

how long till police check etc etc

Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all
Default how long till police check etc etc

hi folks after months of getting certified copies done and references written i finally got the 47sk forms etc away,just wondering now how long till i get asked for police checks,medicals and sponsorship money off my uncle etc any advice will be greatly apreciated
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:26 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long till police check etc etc

Originally Posted by peterpamnryan
hi folks after months of getting certified copies done and references written i finally got the 47sk forms etc away,just wondering now how long till i get asked for police checks,medicals and sponsorship money off my uncle etc any advice will be greatly apreciated
hi, what visa type are you? also, is your profession/skill on the MODL list?

answer these two questions and i might be able to help you further
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi, what visa type are you? also, is your profession/skill on the MODL list?

answer these two questions and i might be able to help you further
im going for the skilled australian sponsored and yes my skill is on the list im a joiner/carpenter,any good ?
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:45 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

im going for the skilled australian sponsored and yes my skill is on the list im a joiner/carpenter,any good ?

so are you going on a regional sponsored (a 139 visa - with specific post codes where you uncle lives), or a family sponsored (a 138 visa, where your uncle is NOT in one of the specified post codes). do you need points to get your visa?

also, is a joner/carpenter on MODL list, rather than the skills list?
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
so are you going on a regional sponsored (a 139 visa - with specific post codes where you uncle lives), or a family sponsored (a 138 visa, where your uncle is NOT in one of the specified post codes). do you need points to get your visa?

also, is a joner/carpenter on MODL list, rather than the skills list?
god help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 no not designated area,yes need points and i have enough with my uncles sponsorship,skills list or modl list probably skills but thats 60 plus experience plus age plus sponsorsip etc gives me 125 need 120,any help???? :scared:
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:34 pm
Never going back

god help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 no not designated area,yes need points and i have enough with my uncles sponsorship,skills list or modl list probably skills but thats 60 plus experience plus age plus sponsorsip etc gives me 125 need 120,any help???? :scared:
i think (??? ) you are on a 138 non-MODL visa, which is the same as ours. you can see our timeline below. we have just past the 5 months mark, adn still heard nothing. have sent for our police checks, which have come back ok and are now with our agent. medicals, thats another thing! do we or dont we get them done. possibly get them booked for middle/end of february. it is personal choice whether you decide to get your medicals/police checks sent in before DIMIA ask for them.

use 'austimeline' as a rough guide to 'how long'. unfortunately, if you are on a 138 visa, this im afraid is one of the slowest. do a 'search' on here and you will see plenty of threads. one poster, 'happymum', sent her meds/pccs early, and has just had her AOS (assurance of support - your uncle's input) requested. this was 7 1/2 months after.

is that any help? sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

however, if your skill is on the MODL list (check on the DIMIA website, or perhaps somebody else can help on the score), then it will be quicker, by some months too.............so, not all bad news

good luck
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

[thanks for that its not bad news at all ,i banked on august time to get visas so shouldnt be far off,rekon i might chance the police checks the meds are bit more pricey so i will wait to hear,cheers good luck to you
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:44 pm
Never going back

[thanks for that its not bad news at all ,i banked on august time to get visas so shouldnt be far off,rekon i might chance the police checks the meds are bit more pricey so i will wait to hear,cheers good luck to you

thats what we thought. left it until about 3/4 months and then sent off for the police checks. medicals can be pricey for 2 adults/2 children, so we are sort of hanging on and hoping they get asked for soon. we havent decided whether there will be a cut-off date where we think sod it, we will just get them done.

thanks for the good luck, our patience can be a bit low some days
so plenty of ale to be consumed peter, pam and ryan (maybe not ryan!!!), to while away the days.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:49 pm
Never going back

peter, just had a quick look at the MODL list, and carpenter/joiner is on it!!!

so, that means that you are classed as MODL, which in turn is classed as priority. so, you should have a case officer etc within 4 months of the application going in. good news for you