Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long is it taking/did it take?

How long is it taking/did it take?

Old Apr 13th 2003, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Anniexx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long is it taking/did it take?

Hiya all..
Just wondering to those of you whom are in the process of immigration or have already done it,how long the whole process took/has taken from start to finish,or if you are in the middle of it,how long you have been waiting?I know everyones case is different but it would be nice to get some sort of idea.
We would bee applying for NZ under the skills category so i think it would take forever..or it seems that way..ever hopeful though.
Cheers muchly..
Anniexx
Old Apr 13th 2003, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long is it taking/did it take?

Hi Annie, hate to say it but it 18 months processing, but overall 4 years from 1st unsuccessful skills assessment to final visa arriving. But this isn't normal so don't use it as a guide!!

see www.austimeline.com for more general applicants.

Mash...

PS I've got it now though....

Originally posted by Anniexx
Hiya all..
Just wondering to those of you whom are in the process of immigration or have already done it,how long the whole process took/has taken from start to finish,or if you are in the middle of it,how long you have been waiting?I know everyones case is different but it would be nice to get some sort of idea.
We would bee applying for NZ under the skills category so i think it would take forever..or it seems that way..ever hopeful though.
Cheers muchly..
Anniexx
Old Apr 13th 2003, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

sam&steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya all..
Cheers muchly..
Anniexx
Hi Annie,

It took us, on a skilled independent, 9 months, start to finish.
Sam*
Old Apr 14th 2003, 3:00 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Annie

Skilled independant took 20 months.

Steph
Old Apr 14th 2003, 3:43 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya all..
Cheers muchly..
Anniexx

Hi Annie - last year when we got NZ Gen Skills through London it was typically taking 3-4 months or under but now it's gone up to 9-10 months. When the court case is settled (in the next month or so) and the new year starts for NZ immigration (July I think) expect to see hings speed up again.

Cheers - Don
Old Apr 14th 2003, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

two long long long years. :scared: :scared:
Old Apr 14th 2003, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Anniexx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by andie
two long long long years. :scared: :scared:
Blimey..quite a variation then :scared:
I sent for our forms over a week ago and haven't got them yet..guess this is what the next two or so years are gonna be like!!!!
Anniexx (in for the long haul!)
Old Apr 14th 2003, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

pickletheplacid is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent for our forms over a week ago and haven't got them yet..guess this is what the next two or so years are gonna be like!!!!
Keep your chin up - from submitting my skills app it took 5.5 months to received my pr visa - so it varies for everyone.

I'm not a nurse and I applied as Independent skills.

Unless your pooled, you're probably looking at 6-11 months from visa app. (my opinion)

My advise would be to front load with police cert. - worse case it expires which is another £15?
If you like to gamble front load completely and present your application really well.

pickletheplacid
Old Apr 14th 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

You didn't say what your occupation was, this may make a difference,

Our P.R. took a gomsmacking 84 days from date lodged to getting it through the post and on our doorstep, excluding skills assessment, 8 weeks,
Old Apr 14th 2003, 6:22 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget Aus and NZ have very different application principles as regards queues/ waiting. NZIS theoretically has a shorter processing time and regulates PR approvals by adjusting the points passmark as necessary. DIMIA (Aus) seem to principally regulate PR approvals by making applicants wait longer or shorter periods depending on demand.

Cheers - Don