Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long is it taking ?

How long is it taking ?

Old Mar 26th 2005, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Question How long is it taking ?

Just wondered how long visas are taking to come through once sent to DIMIA. It's very interesting when you see at the bottom of the post when people have reached each stage, but it's only shown on a few.

Theresa
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How long is it taking ?

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Just wondered how long visas are taking to come through once sent to DIMIA. It's very interesting when you see at the bottom of the post when people have reached each stage, but it's only shown on a few.

Theresa
I would be interested in hearing replies to this too. We applied mid Feb., any ideas from people who have been through this how long it takes for meds to be requested then eventually visa granted? Thanks.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Theresa
Use this website www.austimeline.com You can search to see stages completed and how long for each visa cat / skills assemment.

A 136 is around 12 weeks given what this forum is showing, just had our CC charged so really hoping it is that short a period.

Good luck.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

We're about the same time then, visa application sent to DIMIA about 20th February. We have already booked chest xrays and medicals for April so we can be prepared.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:27 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

We are planning to apply under the Skilled - australian sponsored category. We went to the Australian Commission a couple of weeks ago where we spoke to a rep who told us it was about 2 years!! Was she wrong completely. I have just looked at some on the timeline site mentioned earlier and there are 2 on there who applied last august and had visas granted in December. That is 4 months. 4 monts - 2 years big difference.

A bit confused now and a bit concerned. We were not planning to move over there until after July 06 due to oldest taking exams, so we thought if we applied now we would be ok. Do I need to delay application?

Any thoughts anyone?

Shirley
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ub40fan
We are planning to apply under the Skilled - australian sponsored category. We went to the Australian Commission a couple of weeks ago where we spoke to a rep who told us it was about 2 years!! Was she wrong completely. I have just looked at some on the timeline site mentioned earlier and there are 2 on there who applied last august and had visas granted in December. That is 4 months. 4 monts - 2 years big difference.

A bit confused now and a bit concerned. We were not planning to move over there until after July 06 due to oldest taking exams, so we thought if we applied now we would be ok. Do I need to delay application?

Any thoughts anyone?

Shirley
The timeline does seems to depend on the visa type you are going on. Also you do not have to fully move over within the year, you have to validate within the year of your PCC's / Medicals (whichever is earliest I believe). You then have 5 years to take up the PR. Please can someone confirm this....I think this is all ok, but don't want to give out wrong advice. Still fairly new to this all, just picky up details from the threads.

Hope this helps (if it's right!!) Judith
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

We're about the same time then, visa application sent to DIMIA about 20th February. We have already booked chest xrays and medicals for April so we can be prepared.
We can't decide whether to book medicals or wait for request. Are you using an agent? Ours suggests not frontloading....trouble is so many people on here have done so and it doesnt seem to be a problem. Guess as we are paying them the money, we should listen to what they are saying...Just very impatient, that's my problem!!!
What visa are you going under?
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sonictigger
We can't decide whether to book medicals or wait for request. Are you using an agent? Ours suggests not frontloading....trouble is so many people on here have done so and it doesnt seem to be a problem. Guess as we are paying them the money, we should listen to what they are saying...Just very impatient, that's my problem!!!
What visa are you going under?
We were told by our agent to wait for the reference number which would be issued by DIMIA approx 2 weeks after application. We were also told not to book any medicals before we had this reference. I waited about a month and then obtained ref number from agent, once I had this I booked chest xrays and medicals to be completed by 24th of April. That gave 2 months after application was sent. Apparently this should be about the time that they would request them from us. We are on a skilled 136 which I believe are moving very quickly.

Theresa
Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

We were told by our agent to wait for the reference number which would be issued by DIMIA approx 2 weeks after application. We were also told not to book any medicals before we had this reference. I waited about a month and then obtained ref number from agent, once I had this I booked chest xrays and medicals to be completed by 24th of April. That gave 2 months after application was sent. Apparently this should be about the time that they would request them from us. We are on a skilled 136 which I believe are moving very quickly.

Theresa
Hi Theresa, thanks for the info, it makes sense. Fingers crossed we get the reference in the next couple of weeks so we can get the meds booked. Hope you don't mind if I keep an eye on your timeline as we seem in a very similar situation.

Judith
Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hiya,we applied for our visas 13 august and recieved them on 10 jan,we were delayed a bit because some further investigation had to be done on my daughters meds,hope this helps

tracey
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:38 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Theresa
Hi Theresa,

My history is below.

Hope this helps, but ours were delayed because of my daughters birth.

Cheers

Paul
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Hi Theresa,

My history is below.

Hope this helps, but ours were delayed because of my daughters birth.

Cheers

Paul
Thanks Paul for that.

Stupid question........how do you get your timeline to appear at the bottom of your posts ?

Theresa
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:30 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Paul for that.

Stupid question........how do you get your timeline to appear at the bottom of your posts ?

Theresa

Go in to my profile at the top of the page and edit signiture
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Hi Theresa, thanks for the info, it makes sense. Fingers crossed we get the reference in the next couple of weeks so we can get the meds booked. Hope you don't mind if I keep an eye on your timeline as we seem in a very similar situation.

Judith
This post is to test my attempt to add my timeline to the bottom...hope it works.

Theresa
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

This post is to test my attempt to add my timeline to the bottom...hope it works.

Theresa

Yes it's worked. At last.
Theresa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.