Reload this Page >

How Long to stay in Australia ?

Wikiposts

How Long to stay in Australia ?

Old Mar 29th 2004, 9:10 am
Just Joined

The Unready is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Long to stay in Australia ?

I mean I want to go as a tourist to Australia. I would like to feel something of Ozi lifestyle on the spot and also to investigate country a little bit. I think one month is quite enough.

I would put my base in Sydney. Live there for about ten days, then move for Melbourne (2 days), Adelaide (2 days), Perth (3 days). I would like also to make short trip to Brisbane.

What do you say, any ohter suggestions ? TIA !
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:19 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long to stay in Australia ?

Originally posted by The Unready
I mean I want to go as a tourist to Australia. I would like to feel something of Ozi lifestyle on the spot and also to investigate country a little bit. I think one month is quite enough.

I would put my base in Sydney. Live there for about ten days, then move for Melbourne (2 days), Adelaide (2 days), Perth (3 days). I would like also to make short trip to Brisbane.

If you want the "TOURIST EYE VIEW" then reasonable itinery (although personally I would give melbourne a miss). If however you want to experience "real living" you need at least 1 year, better is 2.

From a tourist perspective, I have to wonder, why you dont mention the outback or tassie
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:20 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
If you want the "TOURIST EYE VIEW" then reasonable itinery (although personally I would give melbourne a miss).
why
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:30 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
why
Sorry Hevs. Went on holiday there once and had a completely miserable time plus weather was crap (It was Aug) Compeletely coloured my view of Melboune. Ooops!!!! have absolutely no desire to repeat the experience. Sure I am probably missing out on a great time, but...........
Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:23 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by The Unready

If you want to "investigate" .. I can't see how you're going to do it in one month. Minus a week of your month for completely getting over your jetlag (I'm assuming you're coming from the UK) .

A month is too short to see all of those places, and do everything. If you really do want the tourist view "been there, bought bought the T-shirt" mode and nothing else .. ok a month is fine, but you're not going to see much of Australia that way.

cheers
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:32 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

why
Anyone seen Romper Stomper?

In my view an accurate portrayal of Melbourne:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/C...01/index6.html
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:49 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by renth

You guys must be talking about the same Melbourne that was recently voted the worlds most livable city AGAIN.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:55 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bordy
You guys must be talking about the same Melbourne that was recently voted the worlds most livable city AGAIN.

voted, or conducted by whom?
different polls and studies conducted by different bodies (whether it's time magazine, or frequent flyer club, or the pope himself ) different results. I've actually seen Switzerland, France, London Singapore etc etc .. most liveable as well.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:59 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri
voted, or conducted by whom?
different polls and studies conducted by different bodies (whether it's time magazine, or frequent flyer club, or the pope himself ) different results. I've actually seen Switzerland, France, London Singapore etc etc .. most liveable as well.

Just go to Google & type in Worlds most livable city or Best city & guess which city pops up.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:01 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Just go to Google & type in Worlds most livable city or Best city & guess which city pops up.
Amsterdam?
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:44 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, just like it
Have you ever actually been to Melbourne at all Renth?

I notice the poster wasn't even going to Perth, perhaps he saw this
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...477187,00.html

and thought better of it!

Last edited by hevs; Mar 29th 2004 at 9:05 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:49 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Sorry Hevs. Went on holiday there once and had a completely miserable time plus weather was crap (It was Aug) Compeletely coloured my view of Melboune. Ooops!!!! have absolutely no desire to repeat the experience. Sure I am probably missing out on a great time, but...........
Bit like visiting London in January then? hardly a great comparison! You should try it again some time, its not that bad really
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:55 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL
Its been more like the godfather in flannos recently. Perth had the recent race attacks.

Both films are good.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:57 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Just remind me to lock up my horse (when i get one that is )

Last edited by hevs; Mar 29th 2004 at 8:39 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:59 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Just remind me to lock up my horse (when i get on that is )
LOL
Unready which part of the Aussie lifestyle interests you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.