Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HOW LONG? SIR Visa question!

HOW LONG? SIR Visa question!

Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:51 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HOW LONG? SIR Visa question!

Anyone have any idea how long it might take to actually get the new SIR visa once state nomination has been received? Im itching to put house on the market as we need the money for the bond but hubby says its too soon!!!!! MEN....sigh!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HOW LONG? SIR Visa question!

Originally posted by lucyb
Anyone have any idea how long it might take to actually get the new SIR visa once state nomination has been received? Im itching to put house on the market as we need the money for the bond but hubby says its too soon!!!!! MEN....sigh!
Hi Lucy
As the SIR visa is so new it is very difficult to answer that question.
DIMIA claim that it will be priority processing which means 3-6 months.
As you seem to be the first on Expats to get SIR nomination I guess you will be the first Guinea Pig for the Visa.

Good luck we will be looking at your progress with much interest.
Although if we were in your shoes we would be putting our house on the market now.

Graham
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:06 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lucy

Think it may be gamble time. Are you def getting visa? If you are I would go for it, if all else fails if you sell you can always pull out.

If you get bond request and the house hasn't sold what would you do? I'm assuming you get a certain amount of time to lodge bond? Am I right?

Decisons decisions decisions

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Walla
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gravyman
Good luck we will be looking at your progress with much interest.
Although if we were in your shoes we would be putting our house on the market now.
Good luck from me too Lucy. I agree with G about the house too. Even if it means you have to rent for 2 months it will be much better in the long run that panicking about your visa running out before you get chance to use it!!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 11:51 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need the bond money to apply for this visa even if you have enough points without it?
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bridiej
Do you need the bond money to apply for this visa even if you have enough points without it?
No. If you ticked the box saying you were prepared to pay the bond but have enough points already, DIMIA won't request the $$$
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:20 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, just what I needed to hear!