Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long......Shipping

How long......Shipping

Old May 24th 2007, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all
Smile How long......Shipping

How long before you leave the UK have you arrange for your stuff to be shipped over?

What i mean is we are hoping to move on Sun 10th Feb 08 so which day and how many weeks before leaving do we shipp our stuff off.

Would also like to know same question for your beloved pets to?

2 days before or 2 weeks before leaving?

Old May 24th 2007, 9:17 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long......Shipping

Originally Posted by mum01753
How long before you leave the UK have you arrange for your stuff to be shipped over?

What i mean is we are hoping to move on Sun 10th Feb 08 so which day and how many weeks before leaving do we shipp our stuff off.

I would allow 8 to 12 weeks for personal effects !
Old May 24th 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Brisben
I would allow 8 to 12 weeks for personal effects !
Hiya

We have been quoted 63 days from door to door for shipping and 21 days for air freight - obviously, the stuff we take as luggage immediate!

Our Dog is going 22nd August to Bristol - then they keep her there for a day or 2. She is due to arrive in Sydney and she will spen 4 weeks there - we are booked to fly 3rd September - arrive 7th after stop over.

I have been advised to put some docs in our luggage that we will need as soon as we get there - Driving Licences, passports etc to get TFN and medicare sorted.

Hope this helps!

Angie
Old May 24th 2007, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

With shipping remember that no-one can preict how long it will be held up at Customs/AQIS. May clear in a couple of days, or could take several weeks. There's no way of being as precise as working out on which day to ship stuff.
Old May 24th 2007, 10:33 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget that you will be living without your personal effects for at least 10 weeks. Look at what you are planning on doing in Oz.

How many weeks in temp accomodation ?

Where will you be living before leaving UK.?

Also as Polly says, you never know exactly how long it will take. 10 weeks is normal, a lot longer has been known.

Cant help on pets, because you cannot take a goldfish as far as I know
Old May 24th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We were quoted roughly 11 weeks from Forfar to Brisbane. Our container leaves tomorrow afternoon, we fly out 23 June and are in furnished for 5 weeks so hoping that this timing will match up.

Jacqui
Old May 24th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Sorry guys this isnt quite what i meant bad gramma! lol

What i mean is say i was flying out on Sun the 10th Feb when would i have the packers in to send my stuff eg: go on sun so have them in on the thursday before going or even earlier.

Also would you arrange for the dog to go on the thursday before or 2 weeks before then there would only be 2 weeks onece you got there till you got them back.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old May 24th 2007, 8:38 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys this isnt quite what i meant bad gramma! lol

What i mean is say i was flying out on Sun the 10th Feb when would i have the packers in to send my stuff eg: go on sun so have them in on the thursday before going or even earlier.

Also would you arrange for the dog to go on the thursday before or 2 weeks before then there would only be 2 weeks onece you got there till you got them back.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
As far as the dog goes I'd think carefully about your accommodation options when you arrive... You might want longer than 2 weeks without him/her depending upon how successful you are at deciding exactly where you want to be and obtaining something that allows pets, etc etc...

Have you had a quote for Air Freighting your personal effects...? A 20' container will bring tears to your eyes...!!!
Old May 25th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodders39
As far as the dog goes I'd think carefully about your accommodation options when you arrive... You might want longer than 2 weeks without him/her depending upon how successful you are at deciding exactly where you want to be and obtaining something that allows pets, etc etc...

Have you had a quote for Air Freighting your personal effects...? A 20' container will bring tears to your eyes...!!!
o god not yet still early days for us.

housing not a problem staying with sister untill ready to buy/rent which means basically untill we start killing each other over the kids lol.
Yesterday my oh was offered a job and we havent even got the visa yet!.