Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long to sell your house..............

How long to sell your house..............

Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:08 am
Hol
Just Joined

Hol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Quick Sale

I had a look at the website. They are saying they need a discount of between 10% and 25% off the price but you save on estate agents and solicitors fees. So I suppose if the house prices are dropping and you would have to accept a lower offer then maybe for peace of mind it is worth considering. I have rung them and someone is going to get back to me so I will let you know what they say.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:12 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House sale

Originally posted by kong
The 7 year cycle of boom is indeed heading for a bust.

Ignore any reports from vested interests, such as estate agents, building societies, banks. They all benefit form overpriced housing stocks. A boom of any stock be it land, shares, gold, tulip bulbs! All end in bust. There has never, ever been a boom that finishes with a "plateau" or "soft landing". This is all kidology from the riders of a housing boom.

Here is a graph of house prices from 1973 to 2003, note where the line goes after a steep climb. It is fair to say that after navigating Everest that it does not find itself in the flatlands of Holland.

If you want to read some more on this,

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/
Hey Kong

Thought you would take a nibble at this thread!! And on this occasion I aint gonna lock horns with you!!

I've read your link with interest. It appears that the only area in the UK that there is a major slowdown is the south east. Historically that's where it always bites first. All other areas are still rising all be it at a slower pace than the previous year or so.

I agree with your comment about the vested interest bit. One particular estate agent in my area has greedily pushed prices through the roof. House prices are def over inflated but I still believe, in the short term anyway, that prices will not crash but will level off probably to about 8 to 10% of current values but how long this takes is anyones guess. I'm not an economist so this is my best guesstimation.

At the end of the day if they do fall they always go back up again as the graph demonstrates.

Good luck house sellers!!!

Walla
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:24 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How long to sell your house..............

Originally posted by RichnKim
Quick question as we wait to sell our house. Getting very frustrated now.
Had the visas burning a hole in the passports for a couple of months and now just waiting to sell the house. So far no luck. Been on the market about 9 weeks 17 viewing 4 have come back for a second look one three times but still no offers. How long have the rest of you been waiting ?
please tell me it's not just us.

Hows this then:

House on market 22 July 2004

Two viewings 23 July 2004

Sold at full asking price 26 July 2004!!

And best of all Chain free!!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. Must start logging on more during the weekend. All I can say after reading all thr responses. Is. I'm more confused then ever.
We had some better news. A couple came to view saturday morning. Who are very interested. They have asked the estate agents who are dealing with are house. To getthere sold pronto say they can make us an offer. So not sold yet. But at least a bit of hope.

Rgds

RichNKim
Old Jul 26th 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

we have just accepted an offer on our 3 bed semi in Leicestershire. It took 2 weeks and 2 viewings and got the price I wanted!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to sell your house..............

Originally posted by Jacko1
Hows this then:

House on market 22 July 2004

Two viewings 23 July 2004

Sold at full asking price 26 July 2004!!

And best of all Chain free!!

OMG! That must be a record surely? And no chain - excellent

Gives the rest of us a glimmer of hope

Good luck! (mind you - you've had loads already)!

Cheers
Bix
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:10 pm
Hol
Just Joined

Default Quick sale

I called A Quick Sale this morning and spoke to a chap who said that they would need a discount of about 17% off my house. He was very open with us and said that we would get more if we sold through an estate agent but they could offer a quick sale without any chance of it falling through. The market seems to have gone dead here so we are prepared to do this. We are more concerned with getting it sold so we are not so stressed by it all. Some people will think I'm daft but while money is important so is piece of mind. The website is a-quick-sale.co.uk
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:06 am
Hol
Just Joined

Default Update

Well the man from Quick Sale came round on Tuesday and gave us a definate offer which was actually slightly more than he had said on the phone because of the condition and we are prepared to leave all carpets and blinds and curtains!
The surveyor visited today and said there were no problems so all seems to be going well.
I think we made the right decision, feel much more relaxed even though we are losing some profit although I was talking to a neighbour who has his on the market and he said the estate agent has said he should think about reducing it because the market is so slow at the moment and interest rates will go up again next week.