Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long to sell your house..............

How long to sell your house..............

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to sell your house..............

Originally posted by RichnKim
Quick question as we wait to sell our house. Getting very frustrated now.
Had the visas burning a hole in the passports for a couple of months and now just waiting to sell the house. So far no luck. Been on the market about 9 weeks 17 viewing 4 have come back for a second look one three times but still no offers. How long have the rest of you been waiting ?
please tell me it's not just us.
Our house was on the market almost 3 months, lost count of the number of viewings, a few came back for a second look. got our first decent offer yesterday,which we accepted. And there is no chain involved. our potential buyers have sold their house and renting at the moment, so hopefuly it should all go through really quickly. And because i work for a law firm, my work are doing the conveyancing, so i can keep an eye on the progress.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for there reply's and incouragement. Feel better already. The sun has even made apparence.

Good luck to those in the same boat.

Rgds

RichNKIm
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:56 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
We sold our house via a company called "A Quick Sale" (cash buyers) but the only thing is you do lose money with this kind of sale though. We are lucky that it didn't really matter how much we got for our house as we already have a house in Sydney and anything that we got for this one was a bonus.... Whilst they were quick and efficient I would not recommend them to anyone who wants or needs top dollar for their home.

Good luck

Sam & Andy
Who is this company "A Quick Sale"? Do they have a web presence? Have typed there named into Google but can't seem to find them.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 8:01 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Originally posted by elksa
Who is this company "A Quick Sale"? Do they have a web presence? Have typed there named into Google but can't seem to find them.
Here's a link to the site for you!!..

http://www.aquicksale.co.uk

Sam
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 8:56 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Our house in OZ has been on the market for near on 4 months and we have had no written offers...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh.

Stressful..mmhhhh slightly so now my daughter and I are leaving for the Uk and my hubby will have to stay on here to see through the sale of the house..thats if we get a buyer !!or else it will be put up for rent..!!

Any buyers coming to Sydney???
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 9:08 am
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pants
Our house in OZ has been on the market for near on 4 months and we have had no written offers...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh.

Stressful..mmhhhh slightly so now my daughter and I are leaving for the Uk and my hubby will have to stay on here to see through the sale of the house..thats if we get a buyer !!or else it will be put up for rent..!!

Any buyers coming to Sydney???
Why are u moving to the UK?
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 9:15 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kendonakasaki
Why are u moving to the UK?

Lots of reasons but let me just say its not because I DISLIKE Oz...good and bad here same as UK.!!I come from a very nice part of the UK so didn't ever want to escape it. I married an Aussie thats my main reason for being here.

Sorry don't mean to cut it short but I'm sure many peeps will no doubt know my reasons whyI am going home as I have been posting on this site for the last 6 months...they will all be screaming..noooooooo not again !!!

Cheers
P

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 10:39 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Had the visas burning a hole in the passports for a couple of months and now just waiting to sell the house. So far no luck. Been on the market about 9 weeks 17 viewing 4 have come back for a second look one three times but still no offers. How long have the rest of you been waiting ?
God this is a tricky one

All depends on the area, price, competition from other houses, first time buyers.

We sold ours in April, 2 viewers both put offers in, got 2k over asking price, completed 2 weeks ago which was a massive relief as house sale is funding our move to Oz. It was v traumatic time so I know how the unsolds feel.

A cautionary note, not trying to p*ss on people's parades here, but the general concensus is the market is slowing down. No crash expected just a leveling off (Kong will come in here as we've had this one before!!!) Before you start Kong houses that drop in asking price does not equate to a crash.

For example house in our street has had to drop price by 5k and been up 8 weeks, same property as ours, there is a glut of properties up in our area and not enough buyers, so the economics of it will drive down prices. In our area it's def a buyers market now but as I say all depends where you live.

To get a good indication of how your house might sell have a look to see how many houses have for sale boards up around you. And like them or loathe them ask an estate agent how the market is, they'll have a good handle on things, plus it's free advice.

And finally, all the very best of luck if you're selling

Walla
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future

Our house has been up for sale since april with only 5 viewings think the market has defintaltey dried up, ( thats what estate agents say ) thinking of dropping price now as just waiting for issue of visa as just done medicals , and we wanted to be there before christmas!! fingers crossed we get a buyer soon
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Walla
never a truer word spoken, the market has definately levelled off and slowed down a bit, always does this time of year, especially here in the South! We've dropped our asking price by 10k over the months, can afford to take a pretty good offer just wished we had an offer!! we are on the market with two agents, the one i worked for and an independant next door! Both have massive board prescence in the area but its all about getting the right person through the door! i agree that agents are sharks and all the rest of it but at the end of the day, an estate agent doesn't sell your house, your house does that!
We have our visas but still haven't sold, we're going on September 7th even if we have to leave power of attorney to family!
best wishes to everyone in the same boat
rach x
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:18 pm
Hol
Just Joined

Hol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House sale

Hi, just found this site.

We have had house on market for 6 weeks - had a buyer but he dropped out the day after the Bank of England started talking about houses being overpriced.

No viewings for the last week or so, getting worried now. Does anyone else think the housing market is going to drop?
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:23 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: House sale

Originally posted by Hol

We have had house on market for 6 weeks - had a buyer but he dropped out the day after the Bank of England started talking about houses being overpriced.

No viewings for the last week or so, getting worried now. Does anyone else think the housing market is going to drop?
Yup, its already slowing down , according to most agents around this way.

PJ
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Put ours up on April 14th, only had about 10 viewers, had 1st offer of £10k under asking on Tuesday (July 20th). Knew she liked the house loads so we bartered up to £500 below asking!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours went up at the start of Feb and we moved out on the 7th June. Meant 10 weeks at my parents (there are 4 of us) but we were glad to have the sale.

Muzzman

24 days till lift off!! :scared:
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 10:54 pm
kong

Default Re: House sale

Originally posted by Hol

The 7 year cycle of boom is indeed heading for a bust.

Ignore any reports from vested interests, such as estate agents, building societies, banks. They all benefit form overpriced housing stocks. A boom of any stock be it land, shares, gold, tulip bulbs! All end in bust. There has never, ever been a boom that finishes with a "plateau" or "soft landing". This is all kidology from the riders of a housing boom.

Here is a graph of house prices from 1973 to 2003, note where the line goes after a steep climb. It is fair to say that after navigating Everest that it does not find itself in the flatlands of Holland.

If you want to read some more on this,

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/
Attached Thumbnails How long to sell your house..............-nwpricetrend23b.gif  

Last edited by kong; Jul 23rd 2004 at 10:56 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.