Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long to sell your house..............

How long to sell your house..............

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long to sell your house..............

Quick question as we wait to sell our house. Getting very frustrated now.
Had the visas burning a hole in the passports for a couple of months and now just waiting to sell the house. So far no luck. Been on the market about 9 weeks 17 viewing 4 have come back for a second look one three times but still no offers. How long have the rest of you been waiting ?
please tell me it's not just us.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to sell your house..............

Originally posted by RichnKim
Had the visas burning a hole in the passports for a couple of months and now just waiting to sell the house. So far no luck. Been on the market about 9 weeks 17 viewing 4 have come back for a second look one three times but still no offers. How long have the rest of you been waiting ?

Its not just you!

We have spoken to quite a few people who have their houses up for sale in our local area at the moment including ourselves and we all have the same story - no offers!

Some have had a few viewers, like you have come back for another look - but still no offer - very frustrating isn't it

Its just pot luck as to whether you manage to get a buyer in the first few months or not - no time scales involved - its the only thing stopping us - so know how you are feeling

We live in hope
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

I'll keep the thingers crossed for you aswell then.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Things are looking up already I've got a star now. When do you get two.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:54 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Took about 3 weeks to "sell" the house.

Note the quotes!

Nowhere is sold until the money's in the bank.........

You only sell to one person, so if he walks in and likes the place, there you go. It's frustrating when the right man doesn't come in but, short of making the price one which no-one can refuse, it really is a matter of luck.

It will happen: it always does - just takes a bit longer sometimes. Good luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Friwis is just really niceFriwis is just really niceFriwis is just really niceFriwis is just really niceFriwis is just really niceFriwis is just really niceFriwis is just really niceFriwis is just really niceFriwis is just really nice

Our house went on the market end November - had 28 visits until we had one offer, which we took !!!!! Bird in the hand and all that. Completed end of March so 4 months in total. It will come eventually..... fingers crossed for you.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

We have had ours on the market for nearly a year!! We have just dropped the price now though as visas are imminent - famous last words.

We have not pushed to sell it before now but now it is our next hurdle to get over.

Never mind all good things come to those who wait - but how friggin long is what i want to know!!!

regards

Debs
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

House went on the market, 3 days and 7 viewings later got an offer 5 grand over the asking, we accepted and the sale took a further 9 weeks.

As stated above, it IS pot luck when selling a house, our buyers had a baby on it's way and were desperate for a house, hence the offer.

It wasn't nicely decorated, in fact, only the living room/ dining room didn't need decorating, new carpet etc. but it had potential and that's what they saw i guess.

Good luck, it WILL sell, don't despair.

Paul
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
House went on the market, 3 days and 7 viewings later got an offer 5 grand over the asking, we accepted and the sale took a further 9 weeks.

As stated above, it IS pot luck when selling a house, our buyers had a baby on it's way and were desperate for a house, hence the offer.

It wasn't nicely decorated, in fact, only the living room/ dining room didn't need decorating, new carpet etc. but it had potential and that's what they saw i guess.

Good luck, it WILL sell, don't despair.

Paul
Cheers you lucky buggar!

We are just painting the hall from funky orange to magnolia - house doctor says to neutralise so thats what were trying.

Lets hope it does the trick

regards

Debs
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

ROFL Debs,

Our hall..........................................
we decided to go with pastel colours and a wooden border parting the two.
We chose a lovely lemon shade for the top and a pastel apple for the bottom.

We never could afford the wood so it never got done, but we did have a spot where the two colours met ( can you picture it yet ? lol ).
The lemon turned out to be just that, i think by pastel they meant the sweet because this truly was lemon, bright bloody yellow.
The apple was exactly the same as the lemon except it was green, a lovely BRIGHT green.

Now, get a lemon and an apple, place them one above the other and imagine them on YOUR wall rofl.with this hopscotch gap between the two running the full length of your staircase.

I don't think i have ever laughed as hard as that day when i returned home from work to find ann-marie sat on the bottom stair with tears running down her face.
Even now i'm chuckling.

and they STILL bought that bloody house lol.

Paul
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in almost exactly the same position as yourselves. Got the visa almost a month and a halfago, and the house sale is the only thing holding us back.
House has been on the market 10 weeks, had 28 viewings including 4 second viewings. Got two offers £5000 below asking price but both parties have still to sell their own houses!

Never mind, viewer number 29 is coming tomorrow, they have sold subject to contract, maybe this is THE one!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:32 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

We sold our house via a company called "A Quick Sale" (cash buyers) but the only thing is you do lose money with this kind of sale though. We are lucky that it didn't really matter how much we got for our house as we already have a house in Sydney and anything that we got for this one was a bonus.... Whilst they were quick and efficient I would not recommend them to anyone who wants or needs top dollar for their home.

Good luck

Sam & Andy
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
We sold our house via a company called "A Quick Sale" (cash buyers) but the only thing is you do lose money with this kind of sale though. We are lucky that it didn't really matter how much we got for our house as we already have a house in Sydney and anything that we got for this one was a bonus.... Whilst they were quick and efficient I would not recommend them to anyone who wants or needs top dollar for their home.

Good luck

Sam & Andy
you sold already? wow - that was quick...congrats!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:41 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
you sold already? wow - that was quick...congrats!
Thanks!! We are just waiting for contracts to exchange next week then completion the week after then we fly out on the 18th August - that is if all goes to plan!!!!

How are you anyway???

Sam
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Thanks!! We are just waiting for contracts to exchange next week then completion the week after then we fly out on the 18th August - that is if all goes to plan!!!!

How are you anyway???

Sam
still waiting to exchange!!!
hope to complete on 12 Aug...then it's off we go....to Thelwall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.