Reload this Page >

How long to sell house ???????

How long to sell house ???????

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road
Question How long to sell house ???????

Hi All
I'm just interested to know how long it is taking for people to sell their houses before moving to Oz.
Ours went on the market this week and I would like a rough idea of how long I may have to wait.

Cheers

Dave
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to sell house ???????

Originally Posted by jarv
Hi All
I'm just interested to know how long it is taking for people to sell their houses before moving to Oz.
Ours went on the market this week and I would like a rough idea of how long I may have to wait.

Cheers

Dave
We put ours on the market in June but it hasn't yet sold. We decided to come anyway and moved just after Xmas.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:10 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

Cheers

Dave
Hi Dave,

Our house went on the market about July last year and the exchange/completion is taking place this Friday.

My advice is not to price your house out of the market, and not to take your house off the market until your exchange of contracts is signed.

Good luck!!!!

Shell
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Our went on the Market in October, very few viewings before Christmas then we changed agents now viewings most weekends but no offer yet (and none in the area have had sold signs go up).

Gonig to give it until the summer then maybe think about renting it out.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:42 am
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave

We're only just down the road from you - sunny Great Barford near Sandy!

We agreed a fee with our buyers after about 6-8 weeks. Then, it's the usual timeframe of a couple of months to do all paperwork etc.

When you going to Oz? Where abouts?

Cheers

Chris
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:45 am
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spottydog
Our went on the Market in October, very few viewings before Christmas then we changed agents now viewings most weekends but no offer yet (and none in the area have had sold signs go up).

Gonig to give it until the summer then maybe think about renting it out.
We were lucky, on the market in August and moved out in November, 3 months in total. We did reduce to sell though, and had about 6 viewings in the first 4 weeks before getting an offer. House sold for £25k under it's valuation, but I don't regret making that decision to drop the price, we have been in Oz for nearly 3 months now and I couldn't have done with the wait for it to sell with the visas in our hands! We also wanted to get the kids into school at the start of the school year.

TBEB
Old Feb 24th 2005, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

We've been for sale since the end of September, and only had one viewing.

We have already reduced the price and gone duel agent, but still waiting!!

It doesn't help that every 3rd house seems to be for sale around here.

Nikki
xx

P.S Good luck with your sale!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 10:39 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
We have been on since June. On third agent but still no sale, infact we aren't even getting any viewings even though we have reduced by 10k. If we could leave house rented out for a while, we would do that but we have just increased our borrowing by 37k to pay our bond so that is not possible. Hopefully someone will come along soon who loves our house and that will be us off as soon as we possibly can. Fingers crossed you get a sale soon.
Sarah
Old Feb 24th 2005, 10:42 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

we have been on the market for 3 1/2 weeks.. and have had about 11-12 viewings.. no offers yet though

Ideally, we want to sell the house before we go...
Old Feb 24th 2005, 10:55 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Hi All

Cheers

Dave
Depends where you are Dave.

We are in West London, and ours went on the market towards the end of October last year. We had two offers and hope to exchange contacts within the next few weeks....fingers crossed X.

Like one of the others said, be careful not to price yourself out of the market, we dropped about £20,000 to get the sell.

Good luck
Old Feb 24th 2005, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Spindels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
Depends where you are Dave.

We are in West London, and ours went on the market towards the end of October last year. We had two offers and hope to exchange contacts within the next few weeks....fingers crossed X.

Like one of the others said, be careful not to price yourself out of the market, we dropped about £20,000 to get the sell.

Good luck
Offer on house same day it went on the market in early Feb from a buyer not in a chain, Brisbane by Early June hopefully.

Fingers crossed
Old Feb 24th 2005, 11:42 am
Just Joined

doots is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Cheers

Dave
Our house (in Sussex) went on the market in November 2005, got a buyer really quick but it then fell through really quickly, unbelievably got another buyer in December & exchanged contracts on Tuesday, completion date is set for 7th March and flight tickets now booked for the 14th March........
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:16 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by doots
Our house (in Sussex) went on the market in November 2005, got a buyer really quick but it then fell through really quickly, unbelievably got another buyer in December & exchanged contracts on Tuesday, completion date is set for 7th March and flight tickets now booked for the 14th March........
Hello

........ you've done well then.........selling 9 months in advance!!

Sorry - know its a typo - but couldn't resist it - especially as we are also waiting for an offer on ours. We had already "sold" it last September but after 4 months the "buyer" didn't have the money - b*****d !

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:21 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spindels
Offer on house same day it went on the market in early Feb from a buyer not in a chain, Brisbane by Early June hopefully.

Fingers crossed
Spindels

First post - welcome to the site!

Good news re your house.

Where are you in Kent? We are on the outskirts of Sittingbourne and have had a few recent viewings (with another one this evening) but no solid offer yet (this is our 2nd time of being on the market with our house - 1st time long story). At least people are coming round - it must be horrendous if you can't even get them in the door.

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:44 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

This is turning into the Ex-Kent site!!

One piece of advice dont take the property off the market until the contracts are exchanged, I've read so many nightmares on here about buyers messing around...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.