Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long for priority trade assessment

How long for priority trade assessment

Old Jul 6th 2006, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Smile How long for priority trade assessment

Hi Everyone,
Just sent my application off to TRA for trade assessment (carpenter/joiner) and I’ve gone for the priority application $500, could any one let me know how long there’s has taken to process .
Thanks Lee
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:42 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How long for priority trade assessment

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Hi Everyone,
Just sent my application off to TRA for trade assessment (carpenter/joiner) and I’ve gone for the priority application $500, could any one let me know how long there’s has taken to process .
Thanks Lee

Hi Lee

We paid priority and it took 2 weeks. Marks officially a carpenter and joiner.

Good luck with your assessment.

Joe
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:56 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone,
Thanks Lee
Hi Lee,
Just to let you know it took 4 weeks for our TRAto arrive. We have just posted our main application this week so the waiting begins.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How long for priority trade assessment

we paid priority and it was about 2 weeks, for plumbing assessment
Old Jul 6th 2006, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

We also paid priority, ours took 3 1/2 weeks.

But I've just looked on 'Go Matilda.com' and apparently from 1st July the priority fee has been stopped, as all skills were being assessed in around the 4 week mark, they are only charging the normal $300 now.

Did you send it after the 1st? If so you've been overcharged

N

Last edited by curly; Jul 6th 2006 at 7:24 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

shellyoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by curly
We also paid priority, ours took 3 1/2 weeks.

But I've just looked on 'Go Matilda.com' and apparently from 1st July the priority fee has been stopped, as all skills were being assessed in around the 4 week mark, they are only charging the normal $300 now.

Did you send it after the 1st? If so you've been overcharged

N
Hi
We paid priority in May and got our within a month, but from 1st July it is a standard $300 if you are on the MODL it is taking 10 working days, there was a thread on here from George Lombard.

Good Luck with your TRA

Shelly
Old Jul 6th 2006, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

Just my luck to find out now that the fee has been reduced, as long as the application is not refused Im not so bothered about the money.
Does anyone know if it can be refused because of the overpayment?
Thanks
Lee
Old Jul 6th 2006, 10:26 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Just my luck to find out now that the fee has been reduced, as long as the application is not refused Im not so bothered about the money.
Does anyone know if it can be refused because of the overpayment?
Thanks
Lee
Yes it's true they've stopped the priority processing - mine was processed really fast (see signature) and I didn't pay priority. You could try emailing TRA and asking them what will happen as you've send more fee than neccessary? They are really good at responding usually and don't take more than a couple of days usually.

This is an announcement from the TRA:

Changes to International Stream Fees
1. The Government’s directive to give priority to assessing MODL applications and improvements to TRA’s service delivery standards, means the vast majority of international applications are processed in 20 working days or less (10 working days in the case of MODL applications) - see TRA’s key performance indicators below).

Therefore, from 1 July 2006, TRA will implement a standard international application fee of $300. From 1 July 2006, the $500 fee for priority assessments will no longer apply.

Good luck with the application Fingers crossed for a pass for you
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Clippies
Yes it's true they've stopped the priority processing - mine was processed really fast (see signature) and I didn't pay priority. You could try emailing TRA and asking them what will happen as you've send more fee than neccessary? They are really good at responding usually and don't take more than a couple of days usually.

This is an announcement from the TRA:

Changes to International Stream Fees
1. The Government’s directive to give priority to assessing MODL applications and improvements to TRA’s service delivery standards, means the vast majority of international applications are processed in 20 working days or less (10 working days in the case of MODL applications) - see TRA’s key performance indicators below).

Therefore, from 1 July 2006, TRA will implement a standard international application fee of $300. From 1 July 2006, the $500 fee for priority assessments will no longer apply.

Good luck with the application Fingers crossed for a pass for you
Someone owes me $200 then!! Bloomin typical that. When is the last time ANYTHING went down then?
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by andicee
Someone owes me $200 then!! Bloomin typical that. When is the last time ANYTHING went down then?
Perhaps I should rephrase that.....
Old Jul 7th 2006, 6:25 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andicee
Perhaps I should rephrase that.....
Lol yes perhaps you should
Old Jul 8th 2006, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Mike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone,
Thanks Lee

Lee

I never paid anything extra and mine took 5 weeks & that was over the Christmas period.

Mike H (Fitter & Turner)