Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long to open ANZ account?

How long to open ANZ account?

Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long to open ANZ account?

Originally Posted by bridiej
I opened the basic account, the one that's $5 a month as it's the only one you can open I think unless you're in Oz already.

Thanx
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

I'm probably being really thick but what are 'tranzfers'? We haven't got as far as the Oz bank accounts even though we go beginning of October.
Nicola
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:53 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rangersman
I'm probably being really thick but what are 'tranzfers'? We haven't got as far as the Oz bank accounts even though we go beginning of October.
Nicola
it's a foreign exchange company where you go online and can do the transaction yourself. have a look at www.tranzfers.com
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:35 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bridie,

could you please post the ANZ web site link here?

Thanks

Gina
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi Bridie,

could you please post the ANZ web site link here?

Thanks

Gina

www.anz.com
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

muzza is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Judes2308
Don't know about ANZ, but I opened an account with Westpac (faxed the forms over, including ID) and within 2 business days I got confirmation that it had been opened, numbers etc. Very impressed.

Also registered with Tranzfers and have been impressed with them so far aswell........hope everything goes as smoothly !

Judy
I was also very impressed with Westpac - 24 hours and I had an account number, credit card and internet banking set up! Their migrant banking centre are very helpful and efficient and I have unlimited transactions for $5 a month (excluding non-Westpac ATMs). Highly recommended...
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:57 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
I want to open an account with ANZ. Which account?
Do I put it in a 'current' account till we get there then transfer larger amounts into a 'savings' accout later?

Thanx
I chucked all of mine into an Access account (current account) with ANZ. When I went in to pick my cards up etc, I opened a savings account (can't remember the name of it now) and put most of my money in there. It was opened in about 4 minutes flat! and linked to the EFTPOS card and internet banking. Coulnd't be easier.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
I chucked all of mine into an Access account (current account) with ANZ. When I went in to pick my cards up etc, I opened a savings account (can't remember the name of it now) and put most of my money in there. It was opened in about 4 minutes flat! and linked to the EFTPOS card and internet banking. Coulnd't be easier.
Excellent!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:05 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridiej
Excellent!
Great to know others haver opened an ANZ account no problems and I've also set up a Transfers account now. How easy is that.

Michelle
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice
Talking Re: How long to open ANZ account?

Originally Posted by fozzie
Great to know others haver opened an ANZ account no problems and I've also set up a Transfers account now. How easy is that.

Michelle

erm........if anyone else is thinking of opening a Tranzers account they could do it through this link and increase my points towards an ipod !! Highly recommend them........honest !

http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=judymathieson

Judy
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:21 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

erm........if anyone else is thinking of opening a Tranzers account they could do it through this link and increase my points towards an ipod !! Highly recommend them........honest !

Judy
I never bloody thought of that And now you beat me to it
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:21 am

Judy

LOL!

Must admit totally forgot about the points thing..!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice

Someone else posted their link a few weeks back and I registered using his referral..........so hopefully he's got his ipod by now !!

Only counts when they actually make a transfer though.....worth a try !

Judy
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wmoore
I never bloody thought of that And now you beat me to it

Cheers for the karma.....got loads of blue boxes now. One of these days I'll figure out what to do with it !!

Judy
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:04 am

Just to update you in case anyone else wanting to apply to ANZ from the UK, got the letter today confirming account is open.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.