British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How long to open ANZ account? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-long-open-anz-account-316321/)

bridiej Jul 27th 2005 9:25 am

How long to open ANZ account?

I sent the forms off about three weeks ago, just wondered if anyone knows how long it takes for them to get in touch and let you know the account is open?

zx10r_aus Jul 27th 2005 9:31 am

Re: How long to open ANZ account?

Originally Posted by bridiej
I sent the forms off about three weeks ago, just wondered if anyone knows how long it takes for them to get in touch and let you know the account is open?

Do ANZ have an office in London? We opened an account with the Commonwealth they have an office in London. It took about 2 weeks from start to finish.

Jim

Ozzy4life Jul 27th 2005 9:40 am

Why not just wait. When you get here you can enter your local branch and walk out with a new account 10 minutes later.
I am with the ANZ and so far so good.

bridiej Jul 27th 2005 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Ozzy4life
Why not just wait. When you get here you can enter your local branch and walk out with a new account 10 minutes later.
I am with the ANZ and so far so good.

I just wanted to get set up so can finish setting up my Tranzfers account, one less thing to worry about and all that... :)

I have heard good things about ANZ :)

Judes2308 Jul 27th 2005 12:42 pm

Don't know about ANZ, but I opened an account with Westpac (faxed the forms over, including ID) and within 2 business days I got confirmation that it had been opened, numbers etc. Very impressed.

Also registered with Tranzfers and have been impressed with them so far aswell........hope everything goes as smoothly !

Judy

wmoore Jul 27th 2005 12:50 pm

I just wanted to get set up so can finish setting up my Tranzfers account, one less thing to worry about and all that... :)

I have heard good things about ANZ :)

I'm sure ours only took about 3 weeks. If you're getting anxious, look up your branch in the branch finder on their website. There is an contact email address.

And FWIW I wanted to open mine before getting here too a) to have an account number for Tranzfers and b) so that I could arrange for our EFTPOS cards to be ready as soon as we got here! Once we had flight dates, I emailed the branch to make an appointment and when we went to the branch this Monday, our cards were waiting for us :)

hch Jul 27th 2005 1:09 pm

hi,
after sending off our forms to ANZ it took around two weeks for the acknowlegement letter came back complete with the account number,you could always try ringing them,

harry.

bridiej Jul 27th 2005 1:49 pm

Thanks peeps :)

Good to hear positive things about ANZ and Tranzfers

Will send some K when get "reloaded"

marco121068 Jul 27th 2005 1:58 pm

Thanks peeps :)

Good to hear positive things about ANZ and Tranzfers

Will send some K when get "reloaded"

....and when you get your account number register for internet banking. Once you've done that you can also register for the "Pay Anyone" facility which allows you to transfer money to pay for bills etc.

That's limited to a max. of A$10,000 per transaction but that's not a huge problem. You can pay me over many installments :D

bridiej Jul 27th 2005 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068

That's limited to a max. of A$10,000 per transaction but that's not a huge problem. You can pay me over many installments :D

Lol! :D

It's all your fault I'm getting an ANZ account, so I think you should be paying me!! :p

marco121068 Jul 27th 2005 2:57 pm

Lol! :D

It's all your fault I'm getting an ANZ account, so I think you should be paying me!! :p

Ahem - well if you put it like that perhaps I'll let you off. ;)

fozzie Jul 27th 2005 3:37 pm

I think it took about 2-3 weeks to receive our account no. from ANZ. I still need to set up an account with Tranzfers or whoever but haven't looked into it yet. I think I'd better get a move on as our house sale should :rolleyes: go through in the next couple of weeks. Should have been a couple of weeks ago. :mad:

Michelle

bridiej Jul 27th 2005 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by fozzie
I think it took about 2-3 weeks to receive our account no. from ANZ. I still need to set up an account with Tranzfers or whoever but haven't looked into it yet. I think I'd better get a move on as our house sale should :rolleyes: go through in the next couple of weeks. Should have been a couple of weeks ago. :mad:

Michelle

Tranzfers is pretty easy, you just open up online and then fax them ID to confirm. :)

paulb Jul 27th 2005 4:07 pm

I want to open an account with ANZ. Which account?
Do I put it in a 'current' account till we get there then transfer larger amounts into a 'savings' accout later?

Thanx

bridiej Jul 27th 2005 4:14 pm

I opened the basic account, the one that's $5 a month as it's the only one you can open I think unless you're in Oz already.