Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long have you lived in Oz/Nz?

How long have you lived in Oz/Nz?

Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default How long have you lived in Oz/Nz?

We have been here for 7 mths now and I wondered how long everyone else had been in Oz/Nz for.

We have had ups and downs, still don't know if it is for us 'forever' but enjoying the adventure!

Mandy
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:56 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long have you lived in Oz/Nz?

6 months...and the jury's still out on whether we'll stay!!!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by scrawni
We have been here for 7 mths now and I wondered how long everyone else had been in Oz/Nz for.

We have had ups and downs, still don't know if it is for us 'forever' but enjoying the adventure!

Mandy
This time round I have been here for 4 years now, 2yrs in NSW and 2 yrs in QLD.

My first time I was out here for 10 years.

Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:02 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

All my life...apart from the 4 years I was in the UK.

Hubby, 3 months, 3 days, 15 hrs & 2 minutes.....He is settling...slowly. He had a few "culture shock" issues at about weeks 4, but seems to have started embracing the changes...apart from the 38 degree weather tomorrow....
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:10 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

been here 16 months next week
think we are here for good.....but you never know what can happen.
happy to stay for the foreseeable future
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:52 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

we have been here since april last year
hey that sounds great ......last year !!!!
we love this place and we hope to for the rest of our lives
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:59 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Since May 2002 - but spent the first year on a 457 so we cannot get citizenship till this year and cause I spent time out on Business trips I will not be allowed mine until August/September this year.

No major thoughts of going back - majority of time and all are plans are to stay at least while the kids finish high school, as one is only starting this year we have a few to go - but I have my dark days and miss my sister so much it hurts
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:03 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
Since May 2002 - but spent the first year on a 457 so we cannot get citizenship till this year and cause I spent time out on Business trips I will not be allowed mine until August/September this year.

No major thoughts of going back - majority of time and all are plans are to stay at least while the kids finish high school, as one is only starting this year we have a few to go - but I have my dark days and miss my sister so much it hurts
ah, but u love my BBQs
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:29 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
ah, but u love my BBQs
Invite us for one and show it in working action and I might stay longer then?????

sandra
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

Invite us for one and show it in working action and I might stay longer then?????

sandra
u seen the photo , rmbr
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:43 am
Gone Senile Member

Originally Posted by soapy
u seen the photo , rmbr
Yes I do remember ....I did say working action......hurry up and arrange another Sydney Meet and will try my best to be there and you and hubby can compare BBQ protocol routines.

I have never never got over an aussie shop assistant telling me she would have to explain BBQs cause the brits did not know how to do it....hubby had to shove me out of shop, as I was screaming where to shove her large bloody outdoor gas cooker......which the bugger went on to buy

I am being serious I would love to come to the next Sydney meet...allbeit not a new arrival, but up for a laugh and a bit of verbal !
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:49 am
Master of verbal pish©

Yes I do remember ....I did say working action......hurry up and arrange another Sydney Meet and will try my best to be there and you and hubby can compare BBQ protocol routines.

I have never never got over an aussie shop assistant telling me she would have to explain BBQs cause the brits did not know how to do it....hubby had to shove me out of shop, as I was screaming where to shove her large bloody outdoor gas cooker......which the bugger went on to buy

I am being serious I would love to come to the next Sydney meet...allbeit not a new arrival, but up for a laugh and a bit of verbal !
ha ha ha sandra u make me really laugh. u should have turned the BBQ on first.
i guy asked me for a webber the other day. hadnt a clue what he was on about. funny thing is, when he told me i thought of u. telling me what a real BBQ was.
the meets are brill. we have had some peeps who have been here as long as 24 years and some as young as 24 hours. its a good laugh and needed sometimes.
hope u can make the next one and ill bring my new webber just to prove u were right
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:50 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Nearly 6 months
Feels more like 6 weeks.

Previously 9 years(5-14 yo)

Having fun

My parents and brother are coming back to live too, tickets are booked for August 4!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:50 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by scrawni

Mandy
Hiya Mandy

We've been here 6 months now and are loving it. Son has found it hardest to adapt but he's getting there. We can't imagine living anywhere else, but who knows what tomorrow brings.

It isn't for everyone and there's nothing stopping you going back if you don't like it. At least you've tried it, done that and worn the T-shirt so to speak

Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Simone
Nearly 6 months
Feels more like 6 weeks.

Previously 9 years(5-14 yo)

Having fun

My parents and brother are coming back to live too, tickets are booked for August 4!
ya lucky ******* i bet u cant wait.
i wish i could move all my family here. but theres not a plane big enough lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.