Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long have you been waiting for your Police check??

How long have you been waiting for your Police check??

Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:08 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long have you been waiting for your Police check??

Just wondering how long everyone elses is / has taken because this is holding us up at the moment, we thought we would get the police checks back and send off all the forms together; then do the medicals when requested, the Police check should be upto 40 days, (so we were told) we are coming upto that on Wednesday, starting to worry now!!!
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long have you been waiting for your Police check??

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Just wondering how long everyone elses is / has taken because this is holding us up at the moment, we thought we would get the police checks back and send off all the forms together; then do the medicals when requested, the Police check should be upto 40 days, (so we were told) we are coming upto that on Wednesday, starting to worry now!!!
The Isle of Man do a police check in one day! Unless of course the applicant has had a previous UK mainland address, then they have to go through Scotland Yard and its up to 40 days.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:34 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Yeh they say 40 days. Did you pay by cheque, if so have they cashed it yet? Mine took about 33 if I remember rightly.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:35 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
The Isle of Man do a police check in one day! Unless of course the applicant has had a previous UK mainland address, then they have to go through Scotland Yard and its up to 40 days.

EEK, don't like the sound of this, ours is supposed to be at Scotland Yard too!! does that mean that my hubby has something to tell me.... :scared: ..
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:03 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

EEK, don't like the sound of this, ours is supposed to be at Scotland Yard too!! does that mean that my hubby has something to tell me.... :scared: ..
Just saw you are in manchester, may take a bit longer (not quite as long as liverpool mind you). the assumption is mancs all have a record so they do a more thorough search
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I have had hubbies and son's back about 3-4 weeks ago and mine has still not arrived. We had an initial hiccup when the applications were returned stating that there was no ID (it was in the envelpoe that they had returned). So we sent it all back and had an apologetic e-mail saying that due to their error they would speed things through (all except mine it would appear). Last I heard they have a backlog and are very busy at the moment and although they had expected to send mine 24/10 it has been delayed further and should have been done to be sent out November 4th. I will e-mail again and check whether it has been done but I am not holding my breath, at least it is there though rather than lost as we are now in OZ and I would not want to start the whole process again.
Good luck it all adds to the fun.
Nicky
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:07 pm
Sarrob

Dont worry my wife's took 2weeks but mine took 39days I'm sure you will get it soon

Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:32 am
visa granted 16/5/06

Thumbs up Re: How long have you been waiting for your Police check??

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Just saw you are in manchester, may take a bit longer (not quite as long as liverpool mind you). the assumption is mancs all have a record so they do a more thorough search

just received our police checks back today,both in the clear.can now send off with our sk47 form and its another step closer.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

just received our police checks back today,both in the clear.can now send off with our sk47 form and its another step closer.
Congratulations... thats one less thing to worry about !

I sent mine off just over 2 weeks ago so still waiting to hear !

Van
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Ours took just over a month.

Steve
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:32 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

Thanks to everyone, we got them this morning!! all fine and dandy, thank goodness!!

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
Ours took just over a month.

Steve
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting we worked out it is coming up to 80 days
Nicky
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:23 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

Hi Nicky, did you chase them up since your last thread reply? how is it in Victoria? we were thinking of going there when we first started this mad rollercoaster ride! Job in Perth set us straight though. I presume you love it because you are actually there and putting in for Perm res, which has to be a good sign!hope you get your Police checks back soon,

Regards
Annette,

Originally Posted by NickyP
Still waiting we worked out it is coming up to 80 days
Nicky
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Nicky, did you chase them up since your last thread reply? how is it in Victoria? we were thinking of going there when we first started this mad rollercoaster ride! Job in Perth set us straight though. I presume you love it because you are actually there and putting in for Perm res, which has to be a good sign!hope you get your Police checks back soon,

Regards
Annette,
Thanks we love it here, hubby has a job here so that was the deciding factor, but it is great. We are used to moving around but want this one to be our last move so the PR is important. Still chasing them up but we shall see, at least it is in the system rather than lost completely. Trying to keep positive
When are you off to Perth?
Nicky
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:59 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Sent ours off 1st October and got them back today

So that's 39 days including postage time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.