Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long has your house been for sale?

View Poll Results: How long has your house been for sale?
0 - 4 weeks
27.27%
4 - 8 weeks
25.00%
8 - 13 weeks
15.91%
3 - 6 months
18.18%
over 6 months
13.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

How long has your house been for sale?

Old Aug 10th 2003, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

alextoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long has your house been for sale?

Thought it would be interesting to see how many of us on here were waiting for their house to sell before we go to Aus/NZ.

Alex
Old Aug 10th 2003, 8:22 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Do we count the whole time from when it was put on the market and include the times when it was off the market by being under offer to an excellent buyer?????????????
Old Aug 10th 2003, 8:39 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long has your house been for sale?

Originally posted by alextoo
Thought it would be interesting to see how many of us on here were waiting for their house to sell before we go to Aus/NZ.

Alex
We put our on the market a couple of weeks after the medicals hoping to sell within 3 months to get the timing right. Fingers crossed it's now sold to first time buyers [subject to contract] within 5 days. Bad news is we move in with the outlaws until the passports arrive
Sean
PS good luck to all selling some real scare stories.
PPS Hope you havn't gone round the [u]bend yet plumber keep smiling
Old Aug 10th 2003, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by yafm
Do we count the whole time from when it was put on the market and include the times when it was off the market by being under offer to an excellent buyer?????????????
Ahhhh..... good point ..... and the answer is .........Dunno, sorry

You choose

All the best

Alex
Old Aug 12th 2003, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

just bringing this post to the top in case anyboby missed it
Old Aug 12th 2003, 6:10 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I had missed it and i just needed reminding that my house sale fell through for a second time yesturday
Ho hum..........................
Old Aug 12th 2003, 9:06 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Everybody STOP what you are doing and corss your fingers and toes. Have a new viewing tomorrow......

PLEASE

Old Aug 12th 2003, 9:07 pm
too busy to work members

Originally posted by h garrett
Thanks for that. I had missed it and i just needed reminding that my house sale fell through for a second time yesturday

Bad luck mate. They still say third time lucky I hope so for us also
Old Aug 13th 2003, 10:17 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Yafm, any luck with the viewing?
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:37 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default something to add here i think...

Hi folks.

Just thought it would be interesting to find out roughly where your houses are (eg county or region), and try to build up a rough idea of the housing market. I'm trying to work out where houses are still selling and where they are not, but i thought it might be useful for others as well.

So far i've heard the market is slowing in the south, however the market in the north is still moving along quite nicely. That was just hear-say though.

I'm due to put mine up for sale just after xmas, not the best time i know, but i have enough time spare (still not sent off my skills assessment yet). If i drop in lucky and sell it quick, i'll be moving back in with my folks for another 6 months!! argh!

....it was just a thought.

Anyway, good luck to you all.

Leigh
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:40 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett

Sorry to hear that Heather,
The surveyor is finally coming tomorrow after we accepted an offer nearly 3 weeks ago. Thought things were going pear shaped but I guess we are still only at the early stages. Got everything crossed that the survey will be ok Sean is going to have his work cut out when he gets home from work lots of little jobs for him to do.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Our 1st buyers dropped out after we'd instructed the solicitors and guess what I got this morning?

£400 bill for not selling it.............I knew I should have been a solicitor
Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:25 am
too busy to work members

Originally posted by Rossi
Our 1st buyers dropped out after we'd instructed the solicitors and guess what I got this morning?

£400 bill for not selling it.............I knew I should have been a solicitor

Suely your solicitor wants the job of actually selloing your house. The work he has already done is the same for the next buyer. Unless you have disinstructed him he should hold the account and wait for the final one. Contact him and ask why????

My lady has now had 3 cancellations but the bill will be the same for the sale - when it goes through.

Our viewer turned up last night to see our large double bedded 4 bed semi with 1/4 acre - she said I want a small house just for me???????? Did not waste my time at least but how daft to even phone the estate agents about it.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

2 Hours.

Seriously put an Investment prop in Buderim on market Saturday morning. Agent had people looking in that area, took them and three other couples through at 1pm, phone offer for full asking price at 1.28 contract on table by 3pm. Contract has usual Pest/Building inspection but they will be fine house is as new.
Drink more wine to celebrate
Old Aug 14th 2003, 7:57 am
owieb

Mine took 14 months to sell!

I advertised it last year around May time. Did somewhere in the region of 14 viewings in the first week, had a couple of offers and accepted.

Started the whole process off, the sale fell through after a couple of months, by which time it was starting to get late in the summer to market it again.

I rented it out for 6 months and came to Oz anyway.

The property went back on the market in March this year, another offer and acceptance within a week, finally completed July.

Property was a converted barn in Norfolk, about 20mins outside Norwich.

What's so annoying about the UK market is that nothing's guarenteed until completion, whereas in WA (and please correct me if I'm wrong), once an offer is made on a property it's legally binding and unless there are any specific clauses written into the contract the buyer cannot just drop out of the purchase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.