Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long to go now....

how long to go now....

Old Jun 28th 2006, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future
Default how long to go now....

to those of you who have recently had a GOT IT!!!....and well done to you all

how long did you wait from requested meds and police checks to getting your visa?

our agent says could be 3 months, but obviously I'm wanting it now

our police checks were sent last week

steve
Old Jun 28th 2006, 2:40 pm
Andy and Wendy

Baphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: how long to go now....

Originally Posted by birchway

how long did you wait from requested meds and police checks to getting your visa?

steve
Hey Steve

I can't say that our experience will be the same as yours but once our police checks were sent off it went quite quick. All in all it took about 4 weeks. Within that time my boss received a telephone call from Australia House wanting to confirm my job reference. Once the reference was confirmed the visa was granted a week later.

Hope this help
Andy
Old Jun 28th 2006, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

steve
2 weeks from police checks and meds being sent Dont worry the wait will soon be over
Old Jun 28th 2006, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

The Nices is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to disappoint you, but our medicals were sent on 22nd January and we didn't get the visa until 28th April!!! We had already sent the police checks in September. This was supposed to be fast tracked because OH is a Motor Mechanic. In all it took over 8 months from application. Including the TRA the whole process took 2 years and 2 months. I wonder if this is a record for the slowest. Tickets are booked for 17th September as we have to validate by 27th September. Yippeeeeeeee.

I hope you get yours a bit quicker.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 5:05 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Nices
I don't want to disappoint you, but our medicals were sent on 22nd January and we didn't get the visa until 28th April!!! We had already sent the police checks in September. This was supposed to be fast tracked because OH is a Motor Mechanic. In all it took over 8 months from application. Including the TRA the whole process took 2 years and 2 months. I wonder if this is a record for the slowest. Tickets are booked for 17th September as we have to validate by 27th September. Yippeeeeeeee.

I hope you get yours a bit quicker.
Ours took 3 months but we had problems with centrelink. Would have had them sooner as Dimia were chasing them for about 1 1/2 months.

By the way Dimia our AOS only lodge the bond and returned the stuff to centre link yesterday and we got the visa today - how's that for speedy work from DIMIA?

Fiona
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

It took us 9 weeks to finally hear. Good luck.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:27 pm
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute

steve
About two weeks for us. Hope it's soon for you.