Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long to get rental sorted?

How long to get rental sorted?

Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of
Default How long to get rental sorted?

Hi everyone

I was wondering if you could help me?

We're landing in Brisbane on 6th Feb and hopefully have a holiday let sorted for 4 weeks after arrival. Is this 4 wks a realistic time to find and get a rental property sorted and get moved in? We only need 1 -2 bedroom house/cottage as there's only the 2 of us, but we need a pet friendly place as will have 2 mutts coming out of quarantine!

I'm holding off to finally book the accommodation until I get some help, so 4 wks not set in stone!

Look forward to hearing from you

JJ
x
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to get rental sorted?

That's how long we had our holiday let for when we arrived in Perth.

You'd want to start looking from day 1 though and if you were lucky to find something early on - jump at it.

I understand the rental market in Brizzie is almost as tight as in Perth - i.e. local councils putting up tent cities for people who can't find rentals.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:13 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Hi everyone

I was wondering if you could help me?

We're landing in Brisbane on 6th Feb and hopefully have a holiday let sorted for 4 weeks after arrival. Is this 4 wks a realistic time to find and get a rental property sorted and get moved in? We only need 1 -2 bedroom house/cottage as there's only the 2 of us, but we need a pet friendly place as will have 2 mutts coming out of quarantine!

I'm holding off to finally book the accommodation until I get some help, so 4 wks not set in stone!

Look forward to hearing from you

JJ
x
Im not in Brisbane so not sure of the rental situation there but we got a rental in 10 days and we have a dog no problemo!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Welshie
Im not in Brisbane so not sure of the rental situation there but we got a rental in 10 days and we have a dog no problemo!

Thanks both - i'm grateful for your postings and k being sent immediately!

Renth - how's it all going - i've always been impressed with your posts and have just been looking at your advice re Australian banks! I've just put a new post asking for opinions on ANZ everyday account - so any opinions gratefully received! Hope you're well - we got our visa and land in Brissie 6/2/7!

Thanks both

JJ
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:05 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Thanks both - i'm grateful for your postings and k being sent immediately!

Renth - how's it all going - i've always been impressed with your posts and have just been looking at your advice re Australian banks! I've just put a new post asking for opinions on ANZ everyday account - so any opinions gratefully received! Hope you're well - we got our visa and land in Brissie 6/2/7!

Thanks both

JJ
We got rental in 2 weeks, and opened an ANZ account on line before we left the UK. Just went into bank here with ID and opened no problem. Very helpful, but then again most of the people in oz are
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
We got rental in 2 weeks, and opened an ANZ account on line before we left the UK. Just went into bank here with ID and opened no problem. Very helpful, but then again most of the people in oz are

Thanks Suni&Jay!
Most helpful!
x