Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long to get passport stamped?

How long to get passport stamped?

Old May 6th 2005, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

KafkaSong is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How long to get passport stamped?

Hi Guys!

My girlfriend and I were elated when our visa acceptance letter came through about 3 weeks ago. We posted our passports off immediately, but have not heard anything since.

How long does it normally take for AHC to stamp and return the passports. Thing is we need them now to setup accounts, buy tickets etc etc, and we have no idea how long it takes?

How long did it take for your passport to be returned?

Help please, we don't know whether it should be weeks or months!
Chris
Old May 6th 2005, 2:16 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How long to get passport stamped?

Not wanting to alarm you but ours were returned from London in less than a week. Which AHC have you sent it to and did you use registered post?

Chris
Old May 6th 2005, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Ours also arrived back within a couple of days and that was just before Christmas. Did you send them via recorded delivery and did you enclose an envelope for their return?
Old May 6th 2005, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spottydog
Ours also arrived back within a couple of days and that was just before Christmas. Did you send them via recorded delivery and did you enclose an envelope for their return?
Hi!

Yes we sent it Special Delivery, with Special Delivery envelope enclosed for the return. We tracked it, and it did arrive.

Do you think I should ring our case officer? Because of the visa process we are loathe to contact him, since they seem to indicate that if you do it can hold up proceedings. I guess this is not the case here, since we already have approval. I would really like to find out what is happening....

Chris
Old May 6th 2005, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KafkaSong
Hi!

Yes we sent it Special Delivery, with Special Delivery envelope enclosed for the return. We tracked it, and it did arrive.

Do you think I should ring our case officer? Because of the visa process we are loathe to contact him, since they seem to indicate that if you do it can hold up proceedings. I guess this is not the case here, since we already have approval. I would really like to find out what is happening....

Chris
Mine took over 3 weeks. Had to go to Berlin from Switzerland. got it back now! yippie...

just give them a call if worried .thats what i did. talked to someone on the visa helpline in berlin who didnt want to put me thru the "co who prints the label and sticks it into my passport" but finally the co called me to say that she had sent it off the same day, via registered post.

Im sure urs will be in your mailbox soon!

fabie
Old May 6th 2005, 2:54 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Hi!

Chris
Not sure your case officer is going to be able to help - presumably he is in Adelaide and your passport isn't. I'd try to contact the AHC.

By the way, I emailed our case officer a couple of times during our application and always got a prompt reply.

Chris
Old May 6th 2005, 3:05 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

Chris
We got ours back today after 8 days (including a bank holiday).
Old May 6th 2005, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Sorry to say but we got ours back within 5 days so as some one has already said i would contact AHC. Hope it all turns out ok
Old May 6th 2005, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karenjc
Sorry to say but we got ours back within 5 days so as some one has already said i would contact AHC. Hope it all turns out ok
Guys!

Thanks for all the help, I rang the case officer and he had posted it weeks ago. Turns out the bloomin' Royal Mail did not put a docket through our door. Went to the depot and picked them up! At last, thanks guys for all your help, we just thought that 3 week period was the norm.

Melbourne here we come!!

God bless you all.
CHRIS
Old May 6th 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Glad you've got them, the royal mail not doing something, why doesn't that surprise me
Old May 7th 2005, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

Mine was back in three days.