Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long is the flight to Singapore?

How long is the flight to Singapore?

Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough
Default How long is the flight to Singapore?

Hi,
Can anyone give advice on this please? We are planning on getting a flight from London at about 6pm. This is stating that we will arrive at 6.15 pm in Singapore. Is this our time or Singapore time? Doing the trip with two toddlers :scared: and hoping they will sleep throughout most of it if we get a night flight.....
Thanks for any advice
Tracey......stocking up on the Medised...
Old Apr 30th 2005, 7:09 am
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future
Default Re: How long is the flight to Singapore?

I think it's about 13hrs - from Heathrow
Old Apr 30th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
Hi,
Can anyone give advice on this please? We are planning on getting a flight from London at about 6pm. This is stating that we will arrive at 6.15 pm in Singapore. Is this our time or Singapore time? Doing the trip with two toddlers :scared: and hoping they will sleep throughout most of it if we get a night flight.....
Thanks for any advice
Airlines usually give local time for arrivals and departures.

Good God, that is confusing enough for locals when you mix in Daylight Savings let alone running everything on GMT :-)

For travelling with toddlers over long distances give them their bottle with a generous tablespoon of Tia Maria in it. I know may people will "tut tut" but in another life we did received the same advice and "tut tutted" but once we travelled, well it was a different story and it worked.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 7:13 am
ABCDiamond

Hi,
Thanks for any advice
It's normally local time that is quoted.

It's 3.05pm in Singapore now,. and 8.05am in London, so i think it should be the equivalent of 11.15 am UK time when you land in Singapore.

Those times do seem to make it a slightly longer flight than I would have thought though. I thought it would be a flight time of about 12-13 hours, but you may have re-fuelling stops in between I suppose.

Old Apr 30th 2005, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Thanks for any advice
We've flown on this flight it arrives in Singapore at about 14.15 in the afternoon the next day, Singapore time.

Good luck with your journey, at least flying with Singapore you're flying with a good airline.

Nanci
Old Apr 30th 2005, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It's normally local time that is quoted.

It's 3.05pm in Singapore now,. and 8.05am in London, so i think it should be the equivalent of 11.15 am UK time when you land in Singapore.

Those times do seem to make it a slightly longer flight than I would have thought though. I thought it would be a flight time of about 12-13 hours, but you may have re-fuelling stops in between I suppose.
Thanks everyone!

Yes the flight arrives at 2.15 in the aftenoon, so no stopover. My mistake. Well that seems much better, the kids should sleep through most of that.
Have also heard of tia maria in the bottle before only it was my friends sister who mentioned it. She was a hostess for BA and they used to put some in the bottles when they were asked to warm them up, usually without the parent knowing , especially if the baby was crying a lot! Can you believe it?!
Tracey