Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to rent an accomadtion in Adelaide.

How long does it take to rent an accomadtion in Adelaide.

Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long does it take to rent an accomadtion in Adelaide.

Hi Guys,

How long does it take to rent an accommodation in Adelaide, because I need to know how long to stay in temporary accommodation before we can move to permanent place, this would around early to mid Feb.

Farideh
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:20 pm
toplad

Default Re: How long does it take to rent an accomadtion in Adelaide.

it took us two weeks to get a rental, however we did look at several dumps before we managed to get a lovely brand new rental. it also depends on where in adelaide you want to be.some places are more sought after than others.

Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

2 weeks for us too, but then we knew which area we wanted to be in.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What area are you looking for? Some have higher vacancy rates than others, so it would be helpful to know where and what type of accom you are looking at.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I really need to be near to a good high school for my eldest, thats the most important thing, hubby can always drive to where ever he's working, as he's use to, he does a lot of driving now.

I like Burnside area and Glengl, but I hear thats very expensive area, what can a woman do if she has good taste and no money.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What area are you looking for? Some have higher vacancy rates than others, so it would be helpful to know where and what type of accom you are looking at.
we are looking for 4 bedroom, I'm not to bother if its near transport or not cause I would be driving, its more important to be near good high school.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Try looking at the realestate websites like domain.com.au or realestate.com.au. You can get an idea of prices for the areas you are interested in. Then I would send lots of emails to the agents who are renting the properties you like. Ask them if they can keep you in mind for something else that may come up in that area.
As for schools, there are a number of "good" high schools in the area. Brighton is considered to be amongst the best in the state, but that is in one academic area. My daughter is going to be going to Windsor Gardens, which is a good school for other subjects. Seeing how it's near the end of the school year, some of the state schools will already be at capacity for new enrollments, so unless you live in the catchment area you may have to go on a waiting list. I know Glenunga is full now and there is a wait list. Brighton probably is, too.
You may want to think about how close you will be to work. There is really no good freeway system here, so a 20km trip could end up taking you 45 minutes each way. Trust me, I do it every day. We live in Klemzig, which is at NorthEast Rd and OG Road area and I drive to South Rd and Henley Beach Rd, which is 23km the route I drive. I'm pretty lucky if I get to work in less than 45 minutes or home in less than 40.