Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long does swiftair royal mail take ?

how long does swiftair royal mail take ?

Old May 15th 2003, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default how long does swiftair royal mail take ?

Cannot find anything on the website, I would like to get all my stuff in before the deadline date I was hoping it would be 3 -4 days.

If you can help I would appreciate it, ??

I am even going to harass my local cop shop to chase the police checks, they said they would on my behalf, persistance and being a pain in the ass, I don't mind I put a large note on the front saying they had to be the the Ozzy Government by the xxxxxx.

So I say get a move on [;-). The deadline for this year is the 30.06.03 our stuff is all due in just 10 days before hope to get it in earlier.
Old May 15th 2003, 11:59 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Royal mail airmail generally takes less than 5 days we have found.

How long have you been waiting for your police checks at the mo? Ive been waiting 3 weeks and counting
Old May 15th 2003, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Pete,

Your going to Laugh we only put them in on Monday.... stop laughing now, but here in Scotland they said they would chase them as I said I was desperate for them. Nice people they are.

Just thinking of the 5 days mmmm would like it sooner than that if possible.

Thanks Pete
Old May 15th 2003, 12:07 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Fedex can do it in 3 days......but its pricey.

Check out www.fedex.com

Pete.
Old May 15th 2003, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just posted my skills assessment using swiftair - told me it would be 3-5 days as opposed to the 10 days air mail.
Hope this helps.
Old May 15th 2003, 2:12 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Last lot of stuff I sent on a thurs with Swift air and arrived on the monday.

Sent some more yesterday will let you know when it arrived.

Our deadline is the 19th June but I am worried the police check will not come through in time. We applied on the 13th May 40 days is 21st June.

I also would like to get it in before the end of june but I have already asked for an extension on the police checks just in case.

Fingers crossed the police check will come through quickly but not holding my breathe

Jo
Old May 15th 2003, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks everyone.
Old May 15th 2003, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by claireg3
I've just posted my skills assessment using swiftair - told me it would be 3-5 days as opposed to the 10 days air mail.
Hope this helps.

swiftair is only 1/2 or 1 day faster than airmail according to our postie especially to Oz as they have planes leaving every night
Old May 15th 2003, 5:12 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rossi
swiftair is only 1/2 or 1 day faster than airmail according to our postie especially to Oz as they have planes leaving every night
UPS was next day delivery (NZ-London) 3 times, ie consistently good. But pricey.

Cheers - Don
Old May 15th 2003, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I wouldn't worry too much about going over the date given. Our stuff was due there by the 13th of May but we still don't have the police checks 33 days and counting! I am thinking of chasing them up as we go away at the end of the month and I really need to get them to Adelaide before then.

Good luck at this rate yours will probably arrive before mine!!
Old May 15th 2003, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

menna is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Police checks

Don`t want to sound to glum but mine took nine weeks........
Old May 15th 2003, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

baloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long does swiftair royal mail take ?

Originally posted by Carrianne
Cannot find anything on the website, I would like to get all my stuff in before the deadline date I was hoping it would be 3 -4 days.

If you can help I would appreciate it, ??
Swiftair only really adds a little advantage to the sending of the mail on the UK side - ie. it gets onto the outbound plane a day or two earlier. After that, it's processed as normal at the destination.
I have sent stuff Swiftair to Aus before, and it has taken about 5 days generally, though other times it has taken up to 10 days.

If you're really desperate to get it there in under 5 days, the only guaranteed way is to courier it with one of the major firms. That way you can also track the progress....