Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long does MRT take?

How long does MRT take?

Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough
Default How long does MRT take?

I won't go into the ins and outs of why we have had to appeal to the MRT to tell DIMIA to let us in!!

But, having taken on an Immi Lawyer, the appeal was made in Feb 04 and the actual submission was made in May 04.

How long, without any priority, will it take for MRT to look at our case??? Does anyone out there know the current timescale for MRT??

Is there any good way of getting them to prioritise our case??
Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does MRT take?

Originally Posted by BM615
I won't go into the ins and outs of why we have had to appeal to the MRT to tell DIMIA to let us in!!

But, having taken on an Immi Lawyer, the appeal was made in Feb 04 and the actual submission was made in May 04.

How long, without any priority, will it take for MRT to look at our case??? Does anyone out there know the current timescale for MRT??

Is there any good way of getting them to prioritise our case??
Non priority MRT cases take some time, usually. Have you discussed this with the lawyer you are using?

Jeremy
Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How long does MRT take?

I have, but that's all he says- "quite some time" doesn't really mean much - we all have lives to live and plans to make - we just wanted to know roughly how long - 3 months, 6 months, 9 months?