Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long does the application process take?

How long does the application process take?

Old Oct 31st 2002, 8:54 am
Just Joined

NickInLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long does the application process take?

After having been assessed for our skills, my wife and I are about to submit our forms in London and wondered how long the visa application process takes.

Looking at the Australian High Commission web site, they quote twenty months. Is this typical? Why does it take so long?
Old Oct 31st 2002, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long does the application process take?

Depends what visa you're applying for, but if its Skilled Independant it needs to go to Adelaide instead and hey are quoting 50+ weeks.

Plenty of info on the other forum (immigration) about processing times.
Regards
Mash...

Originally posted by NickInLondon
After having been assessed for our skills, my wife and I are about to submit our forms in London and wondered how long the visa application process takes.

Looking at the Australian High Commission web site, they quote twenty months. Is this typical? Why does it take so long?
Old Oct 31st 2002, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: How long does the application process take?

FOREVER AND EVER
Old Oct 31st 2002, 7:30 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes it depends on your occupation. Nurses are very much needed at the moment and so are being fast-tracked. As a nurse you can expect to wait about 4 months. For everyone else its ages!!!
Old Oct 31st 2002, 9:28 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Don't submit your application to London - it won't be accepted.

You must send it to the Skilled Processing Centre in Adelaide - details are here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=89

Processing time - currently expect about 12 months, unless you are a nurse, or you are applying for a Skilled - State Nominated visa (in which case you are looking at about 4 to 6 months).

Best regards.