Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long did you take to move after validated visa?

How long did you take to move after validated visa?

Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default How long did you take to move after validated visa?

I know most people when they are granted there visa go over to oz validate and thats them now starting a new life in oz,i wondered if many has been over to validate there visa and return to the uk for a short time or whats been the longest time someone has return back for.
If i am granted my visa,i am not ready to go over once granted and validated i plan on returning,paying off a few things and saving a little more and take my time in selling up etc.Not take too long, but not go right away,wondered if any others have done or will be doing the same?
For me it was the right time to apply for the tra and visa,but when im granted im not sure if it be the right time to head over.
I know its crazy some cant wait to get over i am the same,but i also feel i need to deal with a few things first,its also crazy i think paying for a flight just to validate and then have to do again when i make the move.
what are your thoughts?
How long was it after you validated you made your move to oz?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:15 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long did you take to move after validated visa?

Originally Posted by brian.w
I know most people when they are granted there visa go over to oz validate and thats them now starting a new life in oz,i wondered if many has been over to validate there visa and return to the uk for a short time or whats been the longest time someone has return back for.
If i am granted my visa,i am not ready to go over once granted and validated i plan on returning,paying off a few things and saving a little more and take my time in selling up etc.Not take too long, but not go right away,wondered if any others have done or will be doing the same?
For me it was the right time to apply for the tra and visa,but when im granted im not sure if it be the right time to head over.
I know its crazy some cant wait to get over i am the same,but i also feel i need to deal with a few things first,its also crazy i think paying for a flight just to validate and then have to do again when i make the move.
what are your thoughts?
Hi,

We got our Visa's in 2002, validated 2003 and moved over in 2006.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

We got our Visa's in 2002, validated 2003 and moved over in 2006.

Cheers

Ginny
But are you not recommended to get over within the 3 years of the 5 years of visa as if you have to leave the country its a nightmare or problems with resident return visas?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

what are your thoughts?
We got our Visa late August and validated in November expecting to wait until April 2009 to move over for good same reason as you as I have a good job free 5 bed house and utilities paid under the contract BUT....... We went over in November and now we have brought things forward a year and now move over April 2008. No jobs, no house but we want to stop just killing time "until we get to Australia" The Visa process was long for us 2 years and we just have not lived always stating well we cannot buy that "because we are going to Australia" etc etc. You only live once, if your going to do it I say just go for it and stop filling in waiting for the big event.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

But are you not recommended to get over within the 3 years of the 5 years of visa as if you have to leave the country its a nightmare or problems with resident return visas?
Its not a nightmare at all, as long as you are living here and have substantial ties to the country, you should have no problem getting a return resident visa.
What makes you think it's so difficult?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:47 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

We got our visas in Sept 07, we will not validate and will move over in March.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

THE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the rough

We had our visa granted in april and moved here beginning of August.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:23 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its not a nightmare at all, as long as you are living here and have substantial ties to the country, you should have no problem getting a return resident visa.
What makes you think it's so difficult?
Thats an interesting point you make there Pollyana? When sitting this side of the fence, maybe just got the visa, or looking to get the visa, it seems the emphasis is to get there asap, get the either two or four years done, then think, right we can sit back, we have done it, no one can turf us out now, we will or are citizens in Oz?

As you are given a five year window of oppurtunity, me for one due to personal circumstances may not be able to join the rat race in Oz until four years after i was given the visa, three years after validating. So i will be in my fifth year, and have to live in Oz a further four years so to obtain citizenship. But i may have to leave for reasons that i do not know at present, for a length of time which i do not know, maybe a holiday, maybe a bereavement, who know's.

But it is a worry, so i would be very interested to know or listen to anyone who is going to wait like me, or has gone through the return resident visa process. Do you have to go through a very lengthy process to get back in, or is it not too bad?

You tend to hear most on here who just go quite soon, you never tend to hear about the ones who wait until the fourh or fifth year post visa grant?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well i would love to go right away once visa was granted,but just to many things to pay off before i went there,which i hope would not take me too long to pay off.
I would just feel better that if these things was paid off and i was able to save a little also and that would be great before the big move and anything i got from the house would be a bonus towards,starting up again over there.

Maybe its best to sell my house use that maybe to pay off what i need to pay,and whatever is left take with me and go sooner,as i dont think it would take too long to get work and to earn some good money.

I suppose i will cross that road when it comes to it,but i just thought the time was right to have done my tra and visa,i am not sure about if go there asap as many do.
I suppose the longer you leave it the higher the house prices get also.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:00 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

No nightmare (I think) just apply for the RRV's if we need to go back. We have jobs, kids in school. Oz is very much home and we have the substantial ties they require.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Visa granted 08/06
Visa Validated 12/06
Moved 06/07

I sometimes wish we'd waited longer before we moved out here but with rising house prices here and the market starting to flatten out in the UK, I think if we'd have waited any longer we'd have well and truly missed the boat.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

Visa granted Dec 2006
Validated May 2007
Moving May 2008!

Cannot wait! We had intended to wait till 2009 to move for good but don't think we could stand it! Main reason for leaving it a bit was to save lots of £, we have a fair bit saved (no house to sell so everything we're taking is just savings) and feel we have enough to just go now!

Everyone has different needs for when to leave etc. I wouldn't worry, so long as you get over there within the 5yrs of the visa!

Good luck whatever you decide to do!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

We got our visa July 2006, Husband working in Canada at the time, validate Dec 2006 as we knew with work commitments we wouldn't be out till Aug 2007.

So just over a year from visa grant and 8 mths since validated.

Storms
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:24 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

We got our visas June last year, validated in October and hopefully moving next year.

Joex
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Biddle is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our visa Oct 2003 and are moving out April 2008! Having 4 children has hindered our return - but flights are now booked!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.