Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long did the visa process take/or taking?

Wikiposts

How long did the visa process take/or taking?

Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:49 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long did the visa process take/or taking?

Just wondered as we've got a long way to go yet.

I'm hoping there's going to be some stories of the saga not taking too long - it may cheer me up

Here's hoping!

D D
Old Aug 11th 2004, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How long did the visa process take/or taking?

It took us 18 months, from start to finish!
leaving the uk in just under 4 weeks!!!
best of luck
Rach xx
Old Aug 11th 2004, 6:31 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream

I'm hoping there's going to be some stories of the saga not taking too long - it may cheer me up

Here's hoping!

D D
hi dolly, ours took about 44 weeks for the visas but look on the bright side
at least you are past the t.r.a and thats the hardest part.
was going to stick a joke on to cheer you up but last time i did that got loads of grief, but chin up anyway
all the best jonni boy and his gang of girls
Old Aug 11th 2004, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

miss carol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream

Here's hoping!

D D
Hi,
I can't believe how fast things seem to be happening for me. i posted application on 14th july '04, credit card charged 7 days later! and today i recieved the request for meds and police checks and i will be able to post them off by next week. i'm sooooooooo excited but ain't going to be able to relax till that ikle piece of paper is in my passport! i have everything crossed!
i've been wanting to go back to Oz since i left 3 years ago. Started gathering all the paper work together in March getting all my employer referances. Skills assessment didn't take long to get either, applied 30th april and recieved it 16th june. I'm a midwife, applying under skilled, sub class 136, so this is the reason everything is processing quickly.
What visa are you applying under?
Good luck
Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:41 am
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road

I applied for a Spouse visa which is a lot quicker than the skilles type as we skip the TRA and apply to London rather than Adelaide. My visa took just over 3 weeks from start to finish. My heart goes out to you guys waiting 12-18 months.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:28 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Our visa was put in on the 16th July 04, medicals requested on the 20th July 04.
Skills were put in 16th Nov 03 and approved on 9th Feb 03.
We are having our medicals done on 20th August.
We are going on the skills designated area sponsered.

The skills seems to of taken forever but now the Visa is in it is moving quick.

Good luck everyone
Pauline and John.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:57 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
hi dolly, ours took about 44 weeks for the visas but look on the bright side
at least you are past the t.r.a and thats the hardest part.
was going to stick a joke on to cheer you up but last time i did that got loads of grief, but chin up anyway
all the best jonni boy and his gang of girls
jonni boy, oh if that were the case. We've just started getting stuff together to send to GoMatilda for them to assess if we have a chance of getting the RPL. Re the joke, go on surely it can't be that bad (what was the last joke that got you in such hot water then!!! )

Pauline : ditto on the skills bit. Not looking forward to doing the paperwork for the RPL proper though.

CON: you lucky thing.

miss carol: applying for Designated sponsored area, have family in Melbourne who can sponsor & be our assurer

Rach: not long to go now...... where are you heading?

Thanks for the replies guys.

D D