Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long did it take to set up rental - Brisbane

How long did it take to set up rental - Brisbane

Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:21 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough
Post How long did it take to set up rental - Brisbane

Hi all - going to Brissie in June next year and am going to book two weeks in a short term unit. I am hoping you can all advise me if that is enough time to find a two bedroom rental (for two adults)??

I plan to hit the ground running and will have researched a bit before arriving, just curious to know if people had any trouble getting a place or approved, or hassles with referees etc?

How long did it take to set up the utilities and broadband?

Also if you have found a nice area to live - not too fussy but the hubby is keen on a nice pub.

Appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Happy NYE for those over in Oz!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How long did it take to set up rental - Brisbane

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
Hi all - going to Brissie in June next year and am going to book two weeks in a short term unit. I am hoping you can all advise me if that is enough time to find a two bedroom rental (for two adults)??

I plan to hit the ground running and will have researched a bit before arriving, just curious to know if people had any trouble getting a place or approved, or hassles with referees etc?

How long did it take to set up the utilities and broadband?

Also if you have found a nice area to live - not too fussy but the hubby is keen on a nice pub.

Appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Happy NYE for those over in Oz!
I am Landing in Feb 08, would appreciate the details of short term units.

I am trying to arrange a rental over the internet for when we land, but not sure if it will work or not ? as I really need to be there.

All advice appreciated - HELP ! ! ! !
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:30 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Do yourself a favor. Dont try to get a rental over the internet for any medium to 6 month period. No agent seriously wants to deal with someone still overseas and you dont get a feel for the area, the property or in fact much else other than the agents word for it (I'd rather trust a pack of psychotic pathalogical liar scorpions).

Once you arrive you can then see whats actually available and then be able to put in applications once you view there and then. The process isnt long or hard and just a matter of a few days depending on availability.

A few of the members on here have houses for short term lets for new migrants which may suit if your that worried about it.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:45 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Swooty
I am Landing in Feb 08, would appreciate the details of short term units.

I am trying to arrange a rental over the internet for when we land, but not sure if it will work or not ? as I really need to be there.

All advice appreciated - HELP ! ! ! !
Hi Swooty - well I am going to book for when we first arrive at http://www.bonapartesapartments.com.au/ as they have wireless, however I have seen loads or others on ourbrisbane.com.au - it's a really handy website I have found.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

We aren't there yet but this website is good for rentals

http://seqrents.com.au/
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

DARREN1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in a furnished rental in Cleveland called spinnakercove i just sent them a e-mail one night and booked it the next day,no references or any thing they have had quite a few english people staying so they was used to the circumstanceswe only booked the place for nine weeks, which has worked out well for us as we have booked a longer lease where we want to settle, we tried to contact agents when we was in the UK but had no luck and know we are here i understand why, The first rental we went to four people turned up and by the time we got the paper work together the rental had gone,as for the telephone and internet i rang in the morning at 7.30 and the phone was on by 12.00 the same day the internet took a bit longer as they had to send me the modem by post and it was near christmas but we received it nine days after ringing,