Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long DIAC should be informed for any change?

How long DIAC should be informed for any change?

Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:33 am
Banned

SalmanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long DIAC should be informed for any change?

Hi All,

After getting PR and an entry in Australia, are we supposed to keep on updating DIAC for any change in circumstances? They mentioned in Visa Grant letter that

Visa holders are reminded that this office must be notified if circumstances change and any
answer given in the application form, or any information given in relation to the application, is
no longer correct. The obligation to notify changes of circumstances extends until your initial
entry to Australia on the visas now granted.

Of course, someone will marry, will buy home, move with in Australia etc so we should keep on updating DIAC on each step?

Thanks for the help
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:45 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long DIAC should be informed for any change?

Read this part again 'The obligation to notify changes of circumstances extends until your initial entry to Australia on the visas now granted.'

So, once you have arrived/validated the visas you no longer need to infrom DIAC of anything. If your circumstances do change BEFORE entering Australia though - you must inform them.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tking
Read this part again 'The obligation to notify changes of circumstances extends until your initial entry to Australia on the visas now granted.'

So, once you have arrived/validated the visas you no longer need to infrom DIAC of anything. If your circumstances do change BEFORE entering Australia though - you must inform them.
I was wondering about this. We're moving in with my parents for the next 3 weeks before we depart the UK, so should I email them informing them on my new address? Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachlou
I was wondering about this. We're moving in with my parents for the next 3 weeks before we depart the UK, so should I email them informing them on my new address? Thanks
No. Change in circumstances means illness, birth of a new baby, anything relevant to your visa. Living with the out-laws for a few weeks isn't something they care about.