Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Long Between Drinks?

How Long Between Drinks?

Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:00 pm
BLC

Talking How Long Between Drinks?

For those who went to Australia, returned to the UK then back to Australia how long was the timings between places?

We are still on radar in both countries but wondering the longer you are away from Australia, does this effect settling back as far as banking, renting, etc.

Any experiences you can share or any tips?

Cheers
BLC

Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:11 am
BLC

Default Re: How Long Between Drinks?

Originally Posted by BLC
For those who went to Australia, returned to the UK then back to Australia how long was the timings between places?

We are still on radar in both countries but wondering the longer you are away from Australia, does this effect settling back as far as banking, renting, etc.

Any experiences you can share or any tips?

Cheers
BLC
Anyone who was Oz, now UK, back to Oz soon? Any issues I should be aware of?

Cheers
BLC

Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:17 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BLC
Anyone who was Oz, now UK, back to Oz soon? Any issues I should be aware of?

Cheers
BLC
Cost of living has gone up in OZ quite a lot

Kala
Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:49 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

ditto!

Also, don't throw your jumpers away - you'll need them in the winter months.

Still love it there!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:52 am
BLC

Thank you ladies for taking the time to write, the cost of living part is a mini concern, I have been doing my research re: renting costs, etc but then there is the cost of getting me and mine back over

BLC

Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:00 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by BLC
Thank you ladies for taking the time to write, the cost of living part is a mini concern, I have been doing my research re: renting costs, etc but then there is the cost of getting me and mine back over

BLC
We've not been back to UK but what I can say is, if you're determined to get back here you'll can do it.

And you will

Whatever the living costs are you shouldn't worry. It's a bit like having kids, if we worried about the cost of em we'd never have em

And the getting here is a one off cost so get saving.

Get your "bootie butt" over here

Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:03 am
BLC

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
We've not been back to UK but what I can say is, if you're determined to get back here you'll can do it.

And you will

Whatever the living costs are you shouldn't worry. It's a bit like having kids, if we worried about the cost of em we'd never have em

And the getting here is a one off cost so get saving.

Get your "bootie butt" over here
Yep I would say it is like putting your life on hold waiting for those bloody lottery numbers to come up

Life is pushing us back to Australia, I suppose making the final "Yes" we are off is a bit scary to say the least :scared: I think it a matter of getting the costs together and plumping for a date

Cheers
BLC