Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long before they release our container???

How long before they release our container???

Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:01 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice
Default How long before they release our container???

Hi

Could anyone tell me how long before the container will be released. It was passed by AQUIS on Friday the 28th Sept with no problems. At first the company holding the contianer (Movements International) said they would deliver it the following week and would call to arrange. Now when I call they say they are waiting on paper work from AQUIS and that the time sclaes on that arriving are 'unpredictable'.

I want my stuffffffff:curse: I want to sleep on a bed and sit on a sofa and wash my clothes in a WASHING MACHINE.

Any info most appreciated
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long before they release our container???

Same question I guess - Ours arrives Sydney 16th October.

So far the Oz shippers that the UK shippers have nominated have failed to get back to me on two occasions that I have tried to speak to somebody - not a good sign.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, I don't know about Brisbane but in Perth (Fremantle) we only waited a week from when it docked to them deliverying to our door - good luck I hope you get it soon, I remember that feeling very well being able to sleep in 'our' bed and sit on proper settee's instead of patio furniture - bliss! one tip though, I kept phoning and told them I had phoned the dock so I knew it had cleared (which I hadn't)
S xx
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Im waiting too. Mainly lots of boxes, but kids are desperate for their stuff.
My stuff landed 20th of September, it says online its cleared (the shipping company website).

Like Redvroger, our nominated Oz shippers who will deliver to the house have been rubbish at giving us info on delivery, or contact.

The UK company were very good and quick at their part. But not impressed with the OZ shipping/delivery companies customer service.

GEMS
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Name and Shame then...

Ours are OSS Worldwide, Seven Hills
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:56 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

We know ours arrived here in Brisbane on the 14th Sept so it will be 4 weeks on Friday that it been here and we still have no sign of it. The thing is that the comapny here keeps blaming AQUIS and their papre work so I don't know how much good it is shouting at them. I was calling every couple of days and they used to transfer me to another department but now the receptionist does'nt bother, I must have made an impression.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:48 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel View Post
Hi

Could anyone tell me how long before the container will be released. It was passed by AQUIS on Friday the 28th Sept with no problems. At first the company holding the contianer (Movements International) said they would deliver it the following week and would call to arrange. Now when I call they say they are waiting on paper work from AQUIS and that the time sclaes on that arriving are 'unpredictable'.

I want my stuffffffff:curse: I want to sleep on a bed and sit on a sofa and wash my clothes in a WASHING MACHINE.

I believe its about 6-8 weeks, dependant on work load, time of year, and smoko breaks..
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

We know ours arrived here in Brisbane on the 14th Sept so it will be 4 weeks on Friday that it been here and we still have no sign of it. The thing is that the comapny here keeps blaming AQUIS and their papre work so I don't know how much good it is shouting at them. I was calling every couple of days and they used to transfer me to another department but now the receptionist does'nt bother, I must have made an impression.
SNAP! ours also arrived 14th sept and Movement Int are dealing with it this end, ours also was passed on 28th We havent been given a date either yet. Spoke yesterday and was told "maybe end of this week" Cant wait for my washing machine either
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:19 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

Ahhh.... well at least we're getting the same story, I wasn't sure if I was getting the run around.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

The company we are using wont even answer the phone. The receptionist puts you through and its an answer machine telling you they will call you back.
They never do, and dont answer emails (email address suplied with letter).
So I tried another one of their email addresses I found on the net, and sent a complaint. They answered saying sorry and busy but still no further forward.

I realise they are very busy. But if they say they will call you back they should do it. If they email or rang and said it will be a month due to delays, I will understand.

Its Kentmoving here in Perth.

GEMS
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question if i may?

Is it possible to get the container delivered to your address or do you have to get it unloaded into a removal type van down at the docks?

Thanks
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:44 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg View Post
Quick question if i may?

Is it possible to get the container delivered to your address or do you have to get it unloaded into a removal type van down at the docks?

Thanks
usual thing is that you pay the company for delivery to the door, then they will ring when its cleared everything and arrange a delivery time. If you have a full container its usually delivered in a container - though it may not be the one it left the uK in, as AQIS/Customs may well have it unloaded for inspection.
If you only have a few items they may just be delivered in a van.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, OK - thanks for that
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
usual thing is that you pay the company for delivery to the door, then they will ring when its cleared everything and arrange a delivery time. If you have a full container its usually delivered in a container - though it may not be the one it left the uK in, as AQIS/Customs may well have it unloaded for inspection.
If you only have a few items they may just be delivered in a van.
I paid door to door but all my stuff was taken out of the container for inspection and reloaded into a removal truck. The agents this end for PSS (Kent) told me this was normal practice for them in Perth.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Hi

In June ours arrived in Freo on the Thursday. Got signed off at the dock on the Monday and I think was out by the weekend. Pickfords were excellent at helping us get it asap. Managed to pencil in a date and they assisted us as much as possible so we were able to hold a birthday party for our 3 year old.

I think it depends on many factors. Work load and location being the main one. Hope you get your stuff soon.