Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long after lodging bond did you receive your certificate?

Wikiposts

How long after lodging bond did you receive your certificate?

Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:58 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Question How long after lodging bond did you receive your certificate?

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this for me. We lodged on 11th Feb and all paperwork was completed and sent to DIMIA on 16th. As of yet we have received no communication from the Queensland Treasury Corp to actually confirm that they have banked our $100,000. Am getting a little worried - how much longer should I give before contacting them with regards to a receipt or bond certificate?
Any help gratefully received.
Sarah
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:34 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How long after lodging bond did you receive your certificate?

Decided to bump myself back to the top..... someone please help me.
Sarah
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 4:42 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by teach
Decided to bump myself back to the top..... someone please help me.
Sarah
We are in the same position. I rang them today and they have received our money.
Give them a ring, I found them extremly helpful and put my mind at rest.

Mind you we went with WA but I'm sure QLD will be the same.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 4:50 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by pompeywill
We are in the same position. I rang them today and they have received our money.
Give them a ring, I found them extremly helpful and put my mind at rest.

Mind you we went with WA but I'm sure QLD will be the same.
Hi will,
Thanks for taking time to reply. I spoke to them on 16th, they said that all our paperwork had just been posted to DIMIA. I'd feel a bit of a pain if I called them again just to see where my paperwork was.
Sarah
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: caerphilly, south wales, avonsleigh, melbourne as of 30/03/05!!!!
carloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the rough

Hi will,
Thanks for taking time to reply. I spoke to them on 16th, they said that all our paperwork had just been posted to DIMIA. I'd feel a bit of a pain if I called them again just to see where my paperwork was.
Sarah
we are also in the same boat!
our bond was lodged 14th feb, we then spoke to centrelink week and a half later and they said that it has been passed to dimmia.
emailed dimmia on monday just to ask whether they have recieved our paper work, and our co emailed back stating that our patience is appreciated and we will hear in due course!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:21 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this for me. We lodged on 11th Feb and all paperwork was completed and sent to DIMIA on 16th. As of yet we have received no communication from the Queensland Treasury Corp to actually confirm that they have banked our $100,000. Am getting a little worried - how much longer should I give before contacting them with regards to a receipt or bond certificate?
Sarah
Hi

My brother in law's bond was done on 31 January and on 17 February he received his bond certificate in the post. They seem to have dealt with his fairly swiftly (and I am sure your money is as good as his!) so hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.....

Binbird
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:23 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Our bond was 'invested' on 11th feb - then overnight express mail to Dimia fro Queensland - dimia as yet havent acknowledged it .... they seem to digitise their post and there is a backlog ( my perception).

As for phoning - feel free to phone your investment agency - they are brokers they expect calls, they are not dimia. They want your business - and they're geared up to help. We're with QTC who have always been helpful on phone.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:36 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Hi all,
I shall see if anything arrives in the post today and if not I shal gice QTC a ring. DIMIA I'm not worried about - they will get to us when they are ready. Better be quick though if we are only to be given 6 months to validate as Andrew has diabetes. Means we will need to enter Oz in April,
Thanks for all your help.
Sarah
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I am sure you are very close now.

Good Luck

SS
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:48 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

About 7 weeks from them recieving the money and us getting the certificate.

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
About 7 weeks from them recieving the money and us getting the certificate.
Visa received today,

see updated timeline below

Alex (binbird's "bother in law")
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

heading_downunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the info on this thread.

We lodged on 11th Feb and all paperwork was completed and sent to DIMIA on 16th.
I am assuming you mean that you lodged your 100K bond by electronic transfer on 11th Feb and posted off the paperwork the same day to Oz?

Doesn't it take about a week for the paperwork to arrive with the government investment agency? If so, how come they could have sent the paperwork to DIMIA so soon?

Do they send your initial (faxed) paperwork or do they have to wait until the original paperwork arrives in the post before contacting DIMIA to confirm that you have lodged the money?
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Corinna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Sarah

Hi Sarah!

I received the certificate about a month after transfering the money.

In detail:
13.12.04 letter fron DIMIA asking for bond lodgement
17.12.04 money transfered and paperwork sent (QLD Treasury)
20.12.04 money taken from account
14.01.05 received bond certificate
24.01.05 visa grant letter

Hope this helps. Think you should receive the bond certificate next week, as in my case there were the christmas holidays, so I believe it should be a bit quicker now.

All the best for you,
Corinna
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 6:11 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by heading_downunder
Thanks for all the info on this thread.

I am assuming you mean that you lodged your 100K bond by electronic transfer on 11th Feb and posted off the paperwork the same day to Oz?

Doesn't it take about a week for the paperwork to arrive with the government investment agency? If so, how come they could have sent the paperwork to DIMIA so soon?

Do they send your initial (faxed) paperwork or do they have to wait until the original paperwork arrives in the post before contacting DIMIA to confirm that you have lodged the money?
Hi Heading-downunder,
Yes we faxed all paperwork through and then got it off with DHL on 12th. It had been received on 15th by QTC, so they must have had all paperwork ready and waiting for originals. They informed me that they had posted them that morning (16th) so they must work pretty quickly.
Hope that helps.
Sarah
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 6:15 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Hi evertyone,
I spoke to QTC today, (it was actually last night but today for them, lol) who said that my certificate was posted and I should have received it by now. Just in case it has been lost they are posting me a secondary receipt out that I can use as evidence of my investment should my cert never arrive.
Thanks again for all your help.

Sarah

Excellent news Alex, I'll go read your pm now.
Big hugs
Sarah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.