How long is 48 hours in Aus :-)

How long is 48 hours in Aus :-)

Old May 3rd 2006, 9:34 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long is 48 hours in Aus :-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4959796.stm

I've been keeping tabs on those poor miners trapped in Tassy

On Monday the rescuers said it would take 48hrs to get them out.

Every day since, 48hrs has been quoted daily

God bless them fellas. They deserve to live after what they've been through.

I hope the next 48hrs [or 4 days ] goes bloody quick for em

Last edited by phoenixinoz; May 3rd 2006 at 9:37 am.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:50 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long is 48 hours in Aus :-)

good grief, missed this!!
hope they manage to get them out alive......how awful for them and their families!
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:56 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
LOL
At least they are not getting the freeview news down there covering their fate. 48 seconds of that sure feels like 48 hrs

(On Sunday 1hr of CSI became 1hr 40mins to show 'news' to say (many times) they were alive and ask inane Qs to locals and speculate)
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think anyone has told them it will be 48 hours, it's the media and they are in a lucky place that hasn't got it Last I heard they were quite happy and relaxed. Been there a week, at least they have food and drink and light now - must feel like they're in paradise
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
good grief, missed this!!
hope they manage to get them out alive......how awful for them and their families!
Yeh, it's terrible isn't it Sue

One thing's for sure, just goes to show how ressiliant people can be when faced with these things.....

Their families should be proud of em and I'd be surprised if they will let them work donwnt pit after this

[PS...How's your mum Sue? Hope all is good your end ]
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walaj
LOL
At least they are not getting the freeview news down there covering their fate. 48 seconds of that sure feels like 48 hrs

(On Sunday 1hr of CSI became 1hr 40mins to show 'news' to say (many times) they were alive and ask inane Qs to locals and speculate)
Im gonna ring Vodaphone and ask if me free 1 hr talk time is worth a day over here
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't think anyone has told them it will be 48 hours, it's the media and they are in a lucky place that hasn't got it Last I heard they were quite happy and relaxed. Been there a week, at least they have food and drink and light now - must feel like they're in paradise
They are....it's just a shame the poor bleeders can't see any of it

As for the 48hr notification, yeh the media must have got it from somewhere...and lets face it..the mining company's media people haven't done much of a good job in dispelling that myth from Monday when 48 hrs were first mentioned

Tis odd but when I watched the 48hr message transpire on Monday I thought it was strange that the companies media / risk group didn't play it down, for exactly the reasons that we mention.

Maybe when these guys get out....they should throw the companies risk management team in the soddin cage .........and leave them in there for *48hrs*
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:12 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, it's terrible isn't it Sue

One thing's for sure, just goes to show how ressiliant people can be when faced with these things.....

Their families should be proud of em and I'd be surprised if they will let them work donwnt pit after this -
true!
had to chuckle at them wanting bacon and eggs...and some prat going on about how it would make em sick and they should stick to dry bread.....

PS...How's your mum Sue? Hope all is good your end
yes ,thanks for asking, she's doing really well - still very frail and looks soooo old, but doing incredibly well considering shes survived thus far. i mentioned to her that mal was offered some plastering work in australia the other day - she made frantic motions that we should take it and go!!! never ending surprise, my mum!
she is hopefully going to be moved into a stroke rehab unit soon.....i had a complain at the speech therapist the other day, and lo and behold shes now been fully assessed and can nearly swallow!! dead pleased...
thanks for asking
im finally getting cracking on mals tra....what a bloody nnightmare!...we will get to aus, even if it kills me!!!
hows things down your way?
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:26 am
Account Closed

true!
had to chuckle at them wanting bacon and eggs...and some prat going on about how it would make em sick and they should stick to dry bread.....
Aye...I PMSL cos they gave the poor buggars a few shitty biscuits instead

yes ,thanks for asking, she's doing really well - still very frail and looks soooo old, but doing incredibly well considering shes survived thus far.
Smashing. Am chuffed Sue. That mam of yours is obviously made of strong stuff

i mentioned to her that mal was offered some plastering work in australia the other day - she made frantic motions that we should take it and go!!! never ending surprise, my mum!
How self-less your mum is Sue. It makes me realise sometimes that as parents it's hard letting go...but we have to do it. And to do it with consent usually brings us closer rather than further apart, regardless as to the *real* miles between UK and Aus. Bless her

she is hopefully going to be moved into a stroke rehab unit soon.....i had a complain at the speech therapist the other day, and lo and behold shes now been fully assessed and can nearly swallow!! dead pleased...
Just goes to show.....don't mess with a nurse wi a whip in her hands

im finally getting cracking on mals tra....what a bloody nnightmare!...we will get to aus, even if it kills me!!!
hows things down your way?
You know what Sue.....you were one of the first people I *met* when I joined this site and I have seen you go through some reet tough times kidda ..

No one deserves to get here to this fantastic country....more than you do!

As they say in Gods country......

"Where the bloody hell are ya"
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

They've been through nothing, the media havent got a hold of them yet!
"Were you frightened?"
"Did you think you were going to die?
"What did you think of?"
"Who did you miss?"
"What did you miss the most?"
"What are you going to do now?"
"What are your plans for the future?"
"Will you go back down the mine?" If it was me it would be a whole lot quieter.

Reminds me of the sports commentator who asked the winning long distance racing car driver: "Was it dangerous?" OFFS!

Channel 7 boldly announced that their Am host would be down on Monday for a 'meet and greet' (read BIG scoop) when the miners were freed. Talking about bunnies.

WW
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:41 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
LOL

That was bad but not half as bad as coverage on Today on Nine. How many times do they need to ask the same people the same question?
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:47 am

You know what Sue.....you were one of the first people I *met* when I joined this site and I have seen you go through some reet tough times kidda ..

No one deserves to get here to this fantastic country....more than you do!

As they say in Gods country......

"Where the bloody hell are ya"

aw....give over.....you've made me cry all over me keyboard now!!!

isnt it funny how just a few words can get the ol waterworks going

thanks hunny....nice of you to say
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
They've been through nothing, the media havent got a hold of them yet!
Aye....and mebbe we know the answers already......

"Were you frightened?"
Naaa........we knew we'd be out in 48hrs

"Did you think you were going to die"?
Naaa stoopid...what...die in 48hrs.....

"What did you think of?"
How many days there were in 48 hrs

"Who did you miss?"?
No one really, these 48 hrs went far too quick to miss anyone........

"What did you miss the most?"
Bacon and eggs.

But we was happy to get the mingin biscuits and nats piss water you sent us instead

"What are you going to do now?"
Buy us sens new watches.

These bleedin cheap made in China watches we got show 48 hours is two days

"What are your plans for the future?"
To take a very long holiday with us families. About 48 hours should do it

"Will you go back down the mine?"
Aye...once Tasmania claims independance and I become king of the inbreds
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:02 am
Account Closed

aw....give over.....you've made me cry all over me keyboard now!!!

isnt it funny how just a few words can get the ol waterworks going

thanks hunny....nice of you to say
You are made of the same stuff as your mam

Get yer arse over here...

Give you, the kids and the other half a better life.....

.........and your mum a holiday of a lifetime
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Aye....and mebbe we know the answers already......

Naaa........we knew we'd be out in 48hrs

Naaa stoopid...what...die in 48hrs.....

How many days there were in 48 hrs

No one really, these 48 hrs went far too quick to miss anyone........

Bacon and eggs.

But we was happy to get the mingin biscuits and nats piss water you sent us instead

Buy us sens new watches.

These bleedin cheap made in China watches we got show 48 hours is two days

To take a very long holiday with us families. About 48 hours should do it

Aye...once Tasmania claims independance and I become king of the inbreds
PSML

How about a film "48 hours" ?
and the sequel "Another 48 hours"?
and the sequel sequel "Yet another 48 hours"

The prequel should have been "let's take a sickie and go fishing today"

WW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.