How Long on 457

Old Sep 8th 2006, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Default How Long on 457

Hi All

Me again, had x-rays today and visa app has been lodged fr 457, due to fly 15th October, so at least that will get us out there.

Does anyone know how long you have to be working on a 457 visa before you can apply for PR? I know as I am in IT that I can be classed as skilled, but just wouldnt know how long or how to go about transferring from a 457 to PR at any stage?

Anyone had any experience of this?

So appreciate everyones help that has got me this far......

...and nearly there now

Jo

Oh the boxes arrived today as well, X-rays have been DHL'd to Sydney so shouldnt be too long now
Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long on 457

Originally Posted by jossy
Does anyone know how long you have to be working on a 457 visa before you can apply for PR?
You can apply anytime if you meet the requirements. No minimum time to have the 457. People from offshore can go straight to PR and forget the 457 often.

Have you downloaded the relevant migration booklets?
Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

hkdaggers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long on 457

Originally Posted by jossy
Hi All

Me again, had x-rays today and visa app has been lodged fr 457, due to fly 15th October, so at least that will get us out there.

Does anyone know how long you have to be working on a 457 visa before you can apply for PR? I know as I am in IT that I can be classed as skilled, but just wouldnt know how long or how to go about transferring from a 457 to PR at any stage?

Anyone had any experience of this?

So appreciate everyones help that has got me this far......

...and nearly there now

Jo

Oh the boxes arrived today as well, X-rays have been DHL'd to Sydney so shouldnt be too long now
Hi

We have been over for about 3 months now, and started the transfer to PR from 457 a couple of weeks ago. You can start this at anytime and it does give benefits over the 457.

If possible, have skills assessments and UK police checks done and documented before leaving as this will make it easier. We are having to get Police checks from Hong Kong which can only be done once the PR application is lodged which means it will take a little longer to process. Can be done in about 6-8 weeks I believe.

Hope this helps

Mike