Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Long????????

How Long????????

Old Mar 18th 2003, 12:49 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Question How Long????????

I sent my skill assessment off to the TRA on the 10th March - how long does it take to get there, as they have not received it yet?

And regards

Andy
Old Mar 18th 2003, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

pickletheplacid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long????????

Originally posted by Boomerang
I sent my skill assessment off to the TRA on the 10th March - how long does it take to get there, as they have not received it yet?

And regards
Andy

go to http://www.austimeline.com and have a look at how long it took everyone else.

pickletheplacid
Old Mar 18th 2003, 2:48 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How Long????????

And regards

Andy

I have read before on this forum you need to assume it takes 20 days for them to receive it!!! , then if fast tracked 4 weeks from that date if not 8 weeks, ours went off last week so don't expect to hear anything till the end of Apriil at the earliest ( we did fastrack which cost around £230, ). but if this information is wrong I would love to know as the WAITING WILL SEND ME INSANE!!!!. Good Luck.
Old Mar 18th 2003, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i paid for the fast track and got my positive result within 2 weeks...

cheers

richard
Old Mar 19th 2003, 5:35 am

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: How Long????????

And regards

Andy

Woke up this morning to find an email - my assessment has got there (18/3/03)

With abit of luck using fast track it wont be to long - fingers crossed

Just got to sit back and wait now!!!!!!

Andy and Lisa

Old Mar 19th 2003, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Gooner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa,

Good news and Good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 12:17 pm

Default Thanx guys

Thanks Paul and Gooner.

not long with a bit of luck.

How long does it take to gather info and fill in the visa application?

By the way Paul - still waiting for the plumber!!!!!!

Lisa

Old Mar 20th 2003, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

What are you waiting for ?
Download the booklet no.6 and start filling it in now!
The bits you haven't got an answer for pass over on to the next question. Mine was ready to go the day the TRA reply hit the doormat
Old Mar 20th 2003, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point

The hardest part is finding all the references from previous employers (and chasing them up) for the TRA application.
The actual visa application was a cinch in comparison!
Good luck.

By the way our TRA application was posted 30 April 2002, received 10 May & assessed by 30 May with no fast track payment, so don't waste your money.

HeatherS
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 7:41 pm

Default Sorry Heather

To late!!!!!!!

we have already paid for priority assessment.

thanx anyway

Lisa
Old Mar 30th 2003, 7:30 pm

Default Hi Dave

Thanx for the pm - no we have not heard anything yet - like I said the TRA received the assessment on the 18th March so that is 2 weeks on Tuesday - fingers crossed for around 22nd April

Kind regards

Lisa
Old Mar 31st 2003, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA time

Hi

I sent our TRA of on the 10-02-03 we recieved confirmation on 28-02-03 and i can happily say the letter arrived on our mat on 29-03-03.
Yippee now on to the easier form i hope!! Already working on it as i type. I am ringing round friends and family for letters as we are applying defacto so need evidence that we have been together years.

Good luck and keep the faith. I had a few sleepless nights as the longer it took the more i thought i had filled something in wrong or i hadn`t put in enough stuff.Panic over now.

footie chick
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 3:17 pm

Default Thanx for reply

18/19 days can't grumble at that!

We will feel happy once we know if the assessment went ok.

Hope all the hard work/writer cramp paid off!!!!

Yes the next form looks alot better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you from Footie and where are you migrating to?

Have you voted on my Poll yet?

It has been 11 working days for us now- TRA have said around 20 days so fingers crossed

Thanks for your reply
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

Well we are from a little town on the south east coast known as Eastbourne. You have probably heard of it `Graveyard of the South`

Hoping to head to sunny Brisbane. I am currently in the process of getting together references as my partner and i are engaged but not married yet, after 15yrs we are waiting for the right time!!

Where are you of too. Let me know when you get your Successful POSITIVE TRA back.

If i can be of any help please get in touch.

footie chick