Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long for 138 non-MODL

How long for 138 non-MODL

Old Jun 18th 2006, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default How long for 138 non-MODL

Hi everyone,

Application was sent off in the beginning of February this year our Medicals sent on the 15th May and Police checks sent not long after that (both unrequested). My husbands brother is sponsering us but somehow he does nt have to pay any money and neither do we he just has to sign to say if we get into any finnancial trouble he would pay. My husband is an Electrician by trade but been working with Fibre Optics for the last 11 years with the same company. We applied for our TRA about 6 years ago!!! but Fibre Optics was nt recognised on there list so put him in for Communications Linesperson.
We are going under a 138 non-modl sponsored skilled visa. How long do you all think it would be before we hear anything we have nt received a CO yet either.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long for 138 non-MODL

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi everyone,

Application was sent off in the beginning of February this year our Medicals sent on the 15th May and Police checks sent not long after that (both unrequested). My husbands brother is sponsering us but somehow he does nt have to pay any money and neither do we he just has to sign to say if we get into any finnancial trouble he would pay. My husband is an Electrician by trade but been working with Fibre Optics for the last 11 years with the same company. We applied for our TRA about 6 years ago!!! but Fibre Optics was nt recognised on there list so put him in for Communications Linesperson.
We are going under a 138 non-modl sponsored skilled visa. How long do you all think it would be before we hear anything we have nt received a CO yet either.

Have you looked on www.austimeline.com to get an idea on how long they take?.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

Hi everyone,

Hi,

We're also 138 non modl. Applied 27th February and received acknowledgement on 9th March. Husband's sister is our sponsor but we are assuming we have to lodge a bond of around £2,000.00. Not had CO yet. Hopeful of getting one around end August but only time will tell. Where are you heading for?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 9:18 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

we are 138 non-modl, timeline as below
1st interview at migration agent, january 2005
TRA sent off march 2005
TRA approved 15/6/05 (nearly 3 months)
sent in 138 application 25/8/05
ack 6/9/05
meds done unrequested 17/3/06
CO assigned 10/4/06 (nearly 8 months!)
bond lodged 23/5/06
brother sent in all the extra documents (dont worry dont have to so this, its only because brother is a NZ citizen who has lived in australia for 9 years and not yet got australian citizenship)
visa granted 16/6/06

18 months from start to finish!

if you are going on a 138 visa, the bond will have to be paid right at the end of the process.

personally i think you have done your medicals/police checks far too early. we waited until nearly the 8 months was up, and timed it just right. your meds/police checks are only valid 1 year (or 6 months on the medical if you are categorised B, ie. a problem which has occured with your medicals).

my timeline is about the norm, maybe slightly longer than others because of the hassle my brother had. but there are people who applied round about the same time as me, and they are still waiting for their visa. from our main application going in, ours took nearly 10 months.

as above, check out austimeline.

by the way, the wait for the CO, was worse than waiting for the visa grant after the CO had been assigned - it was horrible!

good luck.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
we are 138 non-modl, timeline as below
1st interview at migration agent, january 2005
TRA sent off march 2005
TRA approved 15/6/05 (nearly 3 months)
sent in 138 application 25/8/05
ack 6/9/05
meds done unrequested 17/3/06
CO assigned 10/4/06 (nearly 8 months!)
bond lodged 23/5/06
brother sent in all the extra documents (dont worry dont have to so this, its only because brother is a NZ citizen who has lived in australia for 9 years and not yet got australian citizenship)
visa granted 16/6/06

18 months from start to finish!

if you are going on a 138 visa, the bond will have to be paid right at the end of the process.

personally i think you have done your medicals/police checks far too early. we waited until nearly the 8 months was up, and timed it just right. your meds/police checks are only valid 1 year (or 6 months on the medical if you are categorised B, ie. a problem which has occured with your medicals).

my timeline is about the norm, maybe slightly longer than others because of the hassle my brother had. but there are people who applied round about the same time as me, and they are still waiting for their visa. from our main application going in, ours took nearly 10 months.

as above, check out austimeline.

by the way, the wait for the CO, was worse than waiting for the visa grant after the CO had been assigned - it was horrible!

good luck.

We were under the impression that it would only take about 6 months at the max!!!! My husband was offered a job in Canada 12 weeks on and 2 weeks home with us we thought we were going to get our medicals requested while he was away so asked our agent if we should do them before he goes so he sent the forms and thats why we did them early. So from your timeline we should get them around November/December time, that ll leave us 5/6 months to validate them.Its such a waiting game is nt its enough to send you crazy
To answer the thread before think we ll be heading to Brisbane way, Husbands brother lives in Adelaide though but its to cold there for us. Where you heading?