British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-likely-am-i-get-fiancee-visa-311141/)

Salma Jun 29th 2005 12:49 pm

How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 
I am new on here so Hello all!

I am worried that my fiancee will not be granted the visa that will allow him to travel to the UK for us to get married. I am not sure what percentage of such visa are granted.

He is flying back on the 10th August but we have not submitted the paper work yet that will be done by early next week!

i would greatly appreciate some pointers as to what to write in the letter I provide to the High Commission etc .

Thanks

salma

BKate Jun 29th 2005 1:42 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 
You'll have to be a bit more specific what nationality are you and your partner? Which high commision are you applying to for what type of visa?? You could also post this on the immigration forum. :)

Salma Jun 29th 2005 2:03 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 

Originally Posted by BKate
You'll have to be a bit more specific what nationality are you and your partner? Which high commision are you applying to for what type of visa?? You could also post this on the immigration forum. :)

Im british and he is austrailian and will be applying to the bristich high commission!

BKate Jun 29th 2005 2:08 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 
Are you getting married in Australia?

BKate Jun 29th 2005 2:22 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 
From what I understand your applying for a fiance visa for your Australian boyfriend so you can get married in the UK??? If so you have to apply to the high commision in Canberra. http://bhc.britaus.net/Visas/visadefault.asp

Salma Jun 29th 2005 2:31 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 

Originally Posted by BKate
From what I understand your applying for a fiance visa for your Australian boyfriend so you can get married in the UK??? If so you have to apply to the high commision in Canberra. http://bhc.britaus.net/Visas/visadefault.asp

yeah kate we are applying there and then marrying in the UK
but I jus want to know wat are the chances of that being approved

we were together for abt 8 months b4 he went back 2 aus and knew him in total for jus over a yr!

maybe i jus worry too much but i jus want everything to go smoothly!

BKate Jun 29th 2005 2:35 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 
I'm having a bit of a blonde moment!! I haven't actually seen anyone on here applying for a fiance visa for the UK only for Australia but I would of thought it is roughly the same process. This thread should help you out.

Search for Pollyanas threads or maybe pm her she applied for a propective spouse visa.

Simone has threads with lots of lists on hers was a spouse but might be helpful.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210727

Good Luck :)

Salma Jun 29th 2005 2:38 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 

Originally Posted by BKate
I'm having a bit of a blonde moment!! I haven't actually seen anyone on here applying for a fiance visa for the UK only for Australia but I would of thought it is roughly the same process. This thread should help you out.

Search for Pollyanas threads or maybe pm her she applied for a propective spouse visa.

Simone has threads with lots of lists on hers was a spouse but might be helpful.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210727

Good Luck :)

Thank u will Pm the mentioned people!

BKate Jun 29th 2005 2:41 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 
There are a few people who have applied to go to Australia on a fiance visa and have met online and maybe only met once. So the emphasis is on commitment and showing evidence of communication during peiords you've been apart. Showing them you have made plans for your future together etc etc. :) I would front load the application if you haven't much time. :)

Pollyana Jun 29th 2005 2:42 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 

Originally Posted by BKate
I'm having a bit of a blonde moment!! I haven't actually seen anyone on here applying for a fiance visa for the UK only for Australia but I would of thought it is roughly the same process. This thread should help you out.

Search for Pollyanas threads or maybe pm her she applied for a propective spouse visa.

Simone has threads with lots of lists on hers was a spouse but might be helpful.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210727

Good Luck :)

Mine was a Prospective Spouse Visa you're right, but it was for a Brit to come to Aus and marry an Aussie. I think the rules for the UK are quite a bit different, I'm afraid. I did look them up for someone once, I'll post again if I find the details.

BKate Jun 29th 2005 2:50 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 
This is from the British High Commisions website in Canberra.

It's a bit crap that the applicant can't work for 6 months!!

Visa Section - Marriage in the UK
Overview
A fiancé(e) is a person who wishes to enter the UK with a view to marriage to a person who is either already present and settled there or will be admitted for settlement to the UK when arriving there, and intends permanent settlement in the UK.

Who qualifies?
For an applicant to qualify for admission as a fiancé(e) you must show that:

you plan to marry within a reasonable time (usually six months)
you plan to live together permanently after you are married
you have met each other
there is adequate accommodation for you and any dependants until you get married without help from public funds
you and any dependants can be supported without working or having recourse to public funds
You will be allowed to stay in the UK for 6 months with no permission to work. When you are married you may apply for a two-year extension as a spouse and if granted you will be allowed to work. Near the end of this time you may apply to stay in the UK permanently.

Pollyana Jun 29th 2005 2:55 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 
Thats what I've just found too

http://bhc.britaus.net/Visas/visadefault.asp?id=361

the lack of work rights was one reason that persuaded us to marry here, not there.

Salma Jun 29th 2005 2:56 pm

Re: How likely am I to get a Fiancee visa?
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mine was a Prospective Spouse Visa you're right, but it was for a Brit to come to Aus and marry an Aussie. I think the rules for the UK are quite a bit different, I'm afraid. I did look them up for someone once, I'll post again if I find the details.

Thank u, so should I send phone bills (mind u i used calling cards as it would be too expensive) we used email and msn a lot!


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:47 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.