Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Interviews are held?

Wikiposts

How Interviews are held?

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:54 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Question How Interviews are held?

Hello Folks,
Just curious to know about Interview details. I am not looking for fundamentals of what and how are the interviews held.

What I am looking is how the interviews are carried out in Oz?
Like for eg.:
- Is it as always mandatory as always that interviews are held face to face if you are in city or not in the city?
- If you are in Perth and if the openings are in Syd. or Melb. then how are the interiviews conducted? or the candidates appliction is dropped if you are not in the same city.
- How do you go about applying. Internet and newspaper are two.

Just want to know the feel how the interviews are conducted. Since I am in IT and since couple of changes in my jobs the interviews were held in telecon...
Do guide me on this.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Interviews are held?

Originally Posted by pandya_m
What I am looking is how the interviews are carried out in Oz?
Like for eg.:
- Is it as always mandatory as always that interviews are held face to face if you are in city or not in the city?
Depends on the employer. Usually employers prefer face to face but a phone interview may be required for someone more distant.

- If you are in Perth and if the openings are in Syd. or Melb. then how are the interiviews conducted? or the candidates appliction is dropped if you are not in the same city.
If you're in Perth and applying for a job in Sydney:

- you need to make it clear you will relocate to suit
- you need to understand the employer's policy on relocation costs (ier, who pays)
- a first interview would usually be by phone, the second more likely face to face but if it involves flying to the east coast again you need to be clear on who pays. Some employers may only interview you if you fly east at your own expense.

- How do you go about applying. Internet and newspaper are two.
Recruitment consultants, networking, and direct approaches to selected corporations, are other ways.

I'd advise browsing through an Australian bookstore and buying a book on job hunting in Australia.

Jeremy
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:16 am

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
Depends on the employer. Usually employers prefer face to face but a phone interview may be required for someone more distant.

If you're in Perth and applying for a job in Sydney:

- you need to make it clear you will relocate to suit
- you need to understand the employer's policy on relocation costs (ier, who pays)
- a first interview would usually be by phone, the second more likely face to face but if it involves flying to the east coast again you need to be clear on who pays. Some employers may only interview you if you fly east at your own expense.

Recruitment consultants, networking, and direct approaches to selected corporations, are other ways.

I'd advise browsing through an Australian bookstore and buying a book on job hunting in Australia.

Jeremy
Thanks JAJ.
Got the ans, a good Feeback. And Sound advice.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

What do people wear for interviews in Oz (we are moving to Queensland and hubby will be working in an office)?
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by KatieStar
What do people wear for interviews in Oz (we are moving to Queensland and hubby will be working in an office)?
you may want to check this link: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293668