Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to get residence via a student visa

How to get residence via a student visa

Old Jun 11th 2006, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Wink How to get residence via a student visa

Hi, me and my boyfriend are desperate to get to Australia permantely and need some advice on Student Visas. We are both willing to do any course anywhere which would help us get residence. My boyfriend has a degree in countryside management and would like ideally to do a course in Golf course management, landscaping etc. I will do anything. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Esther and Sam
Old Jun 11th 2006, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get residence via a student visa

Originally Posted by sambo76
Hi, me and my boyfriend are desperate to get to Australia permantely and need some advice on Student Visas. We are both willing to do any course anywhere which would help us get residence. My boyfriend has a degree in countryside management and would like ideally to do a course in Golf course management, landscaping etc. I will do anything. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Esther and Sam

Is country-side management anything like town planning or is it like agronomics?

Town planners are on the skills shortage list....with some courses you can have previous study recognised, so there MAY be some similarity etc cutting down the study time for a new town planning degree. It may also be possible to do some subjects via distance/open learning.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: How to get residence via a student visa

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Is country-side management anything like town planning or is it like agronomics?

Town planners are on the skills shortage list....with some courses you can have previous study recognised, so there MAY be some similarity etc cutting down the study time for a new town planning degree. It may also be possible to do some subjects via distance/open learning.

Thanks!
Its actually a science degree, similar to enviro science but with elements of planning involved. I will look into the town planning course and see how much of its content I can marry up to my own, but I don't expect it will be too much- watch this space!

The cost for courses in Oz are really limiting, and I can't see me becoming a hairdresser for two years, though I'm working on Esther! Anyone got any ideas on other courses for PR purposes???
Cheers!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get residence via a student visa

I posted a wee reply to this in the immigration forum....