Reload this Page >

how to get into australia???

how to get into australia???

Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:33 am
Just Joined

bruffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how to get into australia???

hi everyone,
i want to emigrate to australia (sydney) with my family, wife and 4 kids. i work in the house build industry as a site manager. i have not got a degree or trade and this seems to be stopping me from coming. i have contacted numerous agencies here in the uk but they just laugh and say 'you have no chance'. any one got any advice.
THANKS.

Last edited by bruffy; Aug 16th 2004 at 1:57 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice
Default Re: how to get into australia???

Originally Posted by bruffy
hi everyone,
i want to emigrate to australia (sydney) with my family, wife and 4 kids. i work in the house build industry as a site manager. i have not got a degree or trade and this seems to be stopping me from coming. i have contacted numerous agencies here in the uk but they just laugh and say 'you have no chance'. any one got any advice.
THANKS.
Hi

Has your wife got a skill? If not and you are well under 45, get some qualfications relevant to your job. Don't give up. Agencies only want a sure thing, they told me that I couldn't get my points as I have an unusual job. We did a DIY and the visa's arrived last month.

Good luck

jane
Old Aug 16th 2004, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

bruffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lee/jane
Hi

Has your wife got a skill? If not and you are well under 45, get some qualfications relevant to your job. Don't give up. Agencies only want a sure thing, they told me that I couldn't get my points as I have an unusual job. We did a DIY and the visa's arrived last month.

Good luck

jane

hi jane,
thanks for your reply, i dont intend to give up but i have a 10 + an 11 year old. i am 30 and if i start another education now by the time i have finished it my boys may not want to go. bit tricky i know. just want to know if i can definetly go at present and the timescale of the application etc?
congratulations on getting your visa, when do you go and where abouts are you going in australia.
Thanks Bill
Old Aug 16th 2004, 2:46 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bruffy
hi jane,
thanks for your reply, i dont intend to give up but i have a 10 + an 11 year old. i am 30 and if i start another education now by the time i have finished it my boys may not want to go. bit tricky i know. just want to know if i can definetly go at present and the timescale of the application etc?
congratulations on getting your visa, when do you go and where abouts are you going in australia.
Thanks Bill

Hi Bill

You say you dont have a "trade" so what do you do in the building industry?

The best thing to do is have look at the jobs on the SOL and see if yours is among them. http://www.australia-migration.com/p...ations_List/43

Even if you havent got qualifications, as long as you have a minimum 6 years (some industries you may need 7 or 8 years) experience this should be enough, provided your occupation is on the list.

I think you need to start there and see where it leads you...
Old Aug 16th 2004, 2:57 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Also have a look at ptlabs FAQS at the top of this forum and download booklet 6 from DIMIA website. Have any of the agents actually said why they don't think you will qualify?

btw welcome to the forum and any more specific immigration question maybe better answered on the immigration forum where several agent frequent.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 3:19 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by walaj
Also have a look at ptlabs FAQS at the top of this forum and download booklet 6 from DIMIA website. Have any of the agents actually said why they don't think you will qualify?

btw welcome to the forum and any more specific immigration question maybe better answered on the immigration forum where several agent frequent.
Yes welcome to our happy family

Good luck !!