Reload this Page >

How to get House/Appartment on rent in Australia

How to get House/Appartment on rent in Australia

Old Mar 5th 2009, 10:44 am
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get House/Appartment on rent in Australia

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to get the house/appartment on rent in Australia.

I am planning to move with my family (wife and kid) in Sydney. Also want to know how could I get the house/appartment on rent before moving there.

Its my plan to get it before going there.

Need advice from all of you guys...
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all
Default Re: How to get House/Appartment on rent in Australia

I would advise getting a holiday let or furnished let for first few weeks, then find the right place for your family,work,schools ect, it is possible to get a 6mth let from uk but you would have to get someone to view the property for you, have you picked an area in sydney?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get House/Appartment on rent in Australia

You can get a rental very quick out here. I have done it a few times with no rental history or referances.

First off you cannot just ask to view propertys, they have open days which you have to go along with, rather than personal viewings you end up going when lots of others are looking at it.

The trick to getting a rental is to take along your bank statement, showing you have funds. The agents dont care about history, references or anything else, all they care about is seeing you have the money to pay for it.

It also helps to be able to have a nice chat with the agent so they know you not some crazy person.

But thats all there is to it, wave your bank statement showing all the money you have and they are happy to get you in as soon as they can.